PDA

View Full Version : BA loads...?

simonkarios
23rd Jan 2004, 16:23
Apologies Mods if this is the wrong part of the forum....but is there anybody out there that knows of a telephone number to check BA loads....I know there is an automated one as i used to have it but can't find it anywhere....

Any help greatly appreciated.....:ok:

gps117
23rd Jan 2004, 19:28
use this link, put in date flight number and select ba!

http://www.virginflyer.com/sabre.asp

simonkarios
23rd Jan 2004, 20:44
Mamy thanks gps but this only gives what classes are available which i can already get hold off....the phone number i mentionned actually gives you a specific number of seats remaining in each clas....but thanks anyway:)

gps117
23rd Jan 2004, 20:55
are u a staff memer - if you are pm me and i'll give u the number, you need a staff number etc.

simonkarios
27th Jan 2004, 20:51
Hi gps...did you get my pm sent last week?;)

Livethedream
28th Jan 2004, 14:00
Well Mr Karios,

All I can say is Live the dream mate, hope that guy gets back to you with that number. :O

simonkarios
28th Jan 2004, 15:19
Am still living the dream as gps won't divulge as i am not a BA staff member.....:sad:

TopBunk
28th Jan 2004, 15:26
simonk

I would be very surprised if you can find any legitimate source for actual number of seats available. I would be surprised even if travel agents have access to anything other than the number of seats available for sale by class - ie including the overbooking profile. The reason for this is that it is commercially sensitive information that could be used by others. If you are a travelling on a commercial ticket with an OK status just turn up at the appointed time, if on a ID ticket with another airline you will have to take your chances or visit a travel agent to see what they can tell you or rely on a contact within BA.

simonkarios
28th Jan 2004, 15:39
Hi...there is a number which appears to have changed...admittingly i did get it in a slightly dodgy way!!!???
Anyway i will keep trying but thanks for your help...:p

Basil
28th Jan 2004, 16:02
Info such as seats available could be useful to competitors and is treated as commercial confidential by airlines.

Livethedream
28th Jan 2004, 17:43
I believe that if someone from another airline's load control department wanted to know the loads on another airline, they would easily get access to that information.