PDA

View Full Version : Complete training in a Twin

Aeromentor
23rd Jan 2004, 13:38
We are quite happy for you to advertise as long as you pay the money.

Please click on the banner for rates and conditions

slice
23rd Jan 2004, 13:58
From my foggy memory of reading one of the pilot mags, I believe that years ago Bill Whitworth(or another well known instructor?) actually trained someone from ab-initio in their own twin, but was reluctant to do so. Obviously he would have put some fairly heavy caveats on agreeing to conduct such training.

Islander Jock
23rd Jan 2004, 14:31
Given that most insurance company place some fairly stringent minimum hours requirements on twins it would probably also increase the premium/excess quite substantially. Particularly for solo navexes where the student is blasting off into the wild with perhaps no more than about 30 hours TT.

compressor stall
23rd Jan 2004, 15:33
I wish I had done some my multi engine training in the leadup to my CPL. Maybe not have done the test in it.

Reason - already can fly a twin when starting out for IF rating and to get more hours under your belt. I started IF training with a grand total of 3 hours multi under my belt. Needless to say, I was behind the 8ball for a good while.

If you're paying $150 for a Lance, then what's another $60 per hour for a Seminole (insert appropriate figures for modern day hire). You're going to have to fork out the Seminole hours out anyway.

Mind you easy to say now, but harder when you are doing two days work luggin boxes to pay for one flight hour.

ravan
23rd Jan 2004, 17:07
Interesting survey site;

Key Benefits
Benefit 1 How does paying as little as AUS$200 per hour Dual sound in a Twin?
Benefit 2 A much greater chance of a flying Career at the finish
Benefit 3 You may even be then paid up to 50% more per flight hour by some Companies for your higher qualifications
Benefit 4 we are also looking at $10 per hour to you, for each hour flown by someone you recommend

But I wonder...

Benefit 1 - sounds terrific, I'll be in that!

Benefit 2 - Unfortunately I haven't come across anyone who got their first job in GA on the strength of them having a twin rating; most of us get to fly singles first whether or not we have got the twin rating

Benefit 3 - That's a BIG "may" when it comes to being paid up to 50% per flight hour more by some GA companies

Benefit 4 - A 5% bonus for recommending someone; jeez I can get 10% discount in a retail store just by asking!

Call me a cynic, though I can remember my flying ability at 30hrs and I am not sure I could have handled an asymmetric condition in a twin then; and that's not being negative, just realistic.

DirectAnywhere
23rd Jan 2004, 17:56
Hey Woomera, is advertising without paying for it (an assumption on my part) quite in the spirit of PPRUNE? :confused:

Woomera
23rd Jan 2004, 19:45
Nup and this thread is closed and the link disabled.

Aeromentor we would be pleased to negotiate an excellent rate should you wish to advertise or provide a link here to your site.