PDA

View Full Version : Has Akbar Al-baker Got A Heart?

strength
22nd Jan 2004, 22:14
Well, well, well, the ever so kind CEO has given his F/Deck crew a wage increase - correct me if I'm wrong but the A320 crew have been given a 17% increase and the A300/A330 have been given a 27% wage increase.mmmmm...

Could this have been actioned by the CEO purely because the vast majority of his F/Deck crew are extremely unhappy have have the worst conditions in the Gulf (so much for the State of Qatar being one of the riches countries in the world...)

Could this have been actioned because loads of the F/Deck crew have resigned or are going to resign?

What about the cabin-crew, for the long timers (not many of them left now) the wage has infact worsened over the years,mmmmm another reason why loads of crew have resigned.

The CEO is having a buffet get-to-gether in the Sheraton at the end of the month for his crew - Well,sir that's really going to change the crews morale isn't it?

It's a bit late in the day isn't it AAB and if the Emir knew what state the airline really is in he would be horrified would'nt he?

Believe me some day sooner or later HRH the Emir will know about the terrible conditions,the fear factor and low morale and YOU will have to answer yourself to him.

Bang
22nd Jan 2004, 22:53
Aparently,down route layover allowances and an increase in basic salary is said to be introduced at the sheraton "summit" !

AAB has also told the Flight deck and Cabin crew at a meeting, that, EK pilots and cabin crew are looking forward to join QR.

Is he realy alright ???

homesick rae
23rd Jan 2004, 01:33
Ehm...no!

It would be a miracle, but wouldn't it be great to see the guys and gals get a long and much deserved pay increase?

Bang
24th Jan 2004, 20:36
You are correct HS.

....then again, how long have these promises been going on for. I ve been here long enough and all I could remember are "PAY CUTS" and no increments! ...and ofcourse the "STRESS" which is a definite part of the package.