PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet base

The_Bean_Counter
22nd Jan 2004, 21:42
Any news on when EZY will announce their latest base and where it might be.

Dortmund and Malaga appear the favourites but any other ideas out there ?

GW76
22nd Jan 2004, 23:20
Supposedly the low cost terminal and stand developments at GLA were in response to demands from EZY, before they would consider a base there. Even though PIK and FR are relatively close EZY could snatch lots of Pax to destinations like Paris, Geneva, and Germany.

Scottie
23rd Jan 2004, 00:16
Not with BAA chargin £24 handling per pax for international pax. EDI GLA are the most expensive airports in the UK.

I heard Dortmund or Copenhagen for the next base.

Tudor
23rd Jan 2004, 00:24
Dusseldorf's been mentioned as well.

FlapsOne
23rd Jan 2004, 02:54
So have Copenhagen, prague, budapest, barcelona, nice and a thousand others.........

Let's just wait and see.

Too Low Terrain
25th Jan 2004, 04:08
@ Tudor

Are you flying for EZY ? Where did you pick that up ?

Tudor
25th Jan 2004, 06:52
Yeah I work for EZY, it's just one of the few names that's been bandied around the crew room of late. Whether there's any truth in it time will tell!

Buster the Bear
25th Jan 2004, 22:38
Dortmund is not too far from Dusseldorf.

Walter Sobchak
28th Jan 2004, 19:43
Easyjet is the big rumour in Dortmund(13 routes). The airport is new and needs more business but apparently Air Berlin is pulling out of DTM-STN.
Cologne is also mentioned, though I don´t know as a base.

Too Low Terrain
28th Jan 2004, 20:10
@ Walter

Thanks for Info.

Are you flying ex DTM or working for the Airport itself ?

Would be sooooo happy to know the 2nd German Base.....;)

jarino
6th Feb 2004, 06:38
According to the German newspaper Handelsblatt on friday, EZY will fly to Cologne (CGN) from May and is "interested in a base at Dortmund"

both airports confirmed that they are in talks with EZY withour giving any further details. EZY stated that they are considering North Rhine-Westphalia as an "attractive market".

Powerjet1
8th Feb 2004, 14:27
Understand an announcement re route development is due to be made early this week. Dortmund looking very likely to to be named as next base plus flights to/from existing bases to Cologne. Other possible other new routings as well.

LTNman
8th Feb 2004, 14:35
So what has happened to the new aircraft that were going to be based at Luton? Is it that they just don’t have enough crews to take on any further expansion from Luton as promised?

Powerjet1
8th Feb 2004, 14:48
Ltn Man

Don't think that has changed re additional based aircraft and LTN will get them during the course of this year. Hopefully that will be covered in announcement anyway.

Tudor
9th Feb 2004, 06:31
Whilst I firmly beleive the new base will be in Germany, scheduled to be in operation for July can anyone add any further weight to this rumour..? Apparently Keflavik is been considered as a future base!! I know Go used to fly there but it seems highly unlikely to me...anyone shed any light on that one?