PDA

View Full Version : Email Signatures

Maxflyer
22nd Jan 2004, 19:09
I use Outlook Express and currently have a text signature attached to all emails that I send. I want to add a graphic to the signature, but it only seems to accept text (txt) files, ergo, no graphics. I have received emails with graphic signatures, some even with gif images attached. How do I do this? Any help appreciated.

MF

Ausatco
22nd Jan 2004, 19:31
Personal opinion only - don't waste the bandwidth on self aggrandisement unless all your email recipients are on broadband. The poor folk who are on dialup have to wait for all the graphic c r a p to download, and it contributes to everybody's download quota, broadband or not.

Just sign your name.

AA

Memetic
22nd Jan 2004, 23:18
You could do this by sending html email.

But please don't. :D (Attache the pic or just use html email!!!)

What is so important about this image that everyone you send email too needs it? - just curious!

Maxflyer
23rd Jan 2004, 05:41
Wow what a big ego I have. I want to send a picture with every email!

It is a business account and I want my company logo on it. Is that such a sin?

AerBabe
23rd Jan 2004, 19:51
Is it possible to use your own graphics in Lotus Notes, so the logo would appear at the top of the page?

PPRuNe Towers
23rd Jan 2004, 20:00
Max,

Will it be creating the response you were hoping for? Even in the States 65% of internet homes still receiving dial up only.

[Source today's International Herald Tribune tech section]

Regards
Rob

Memetic
24th Jan 2004, 00:52
OK Max if you really must....:D

http://www.washington.edu/computing/training/129/other.html

I belive the bit about stationary will tell you what you need to know.

I think the point we are all making is that you message is probably more important than your logo to most people who will get mail from you and by adding your logo the email will either take longer to download due to embedded graphics or longer to display while images are retrieved form the web - assuming the reader is still online.

How the mail dislays will also be unpredicatbale as not all email programmes allow the display of this type of message for security reasons - some people may get you message as pure HTML code.

Memetic
24th Jan 2004, 05:57
Note to self - use preview.

Please excuse the smelling pisstakes above. (I wasz beeing rushed to get to Lakeside :ugh:

Naples Air Center, Inc.
24th Jan 2004, 06:22
Memetic,

If you do not catch a typo before posting, you can always delete the post and post it again.

(Once in the Edit Field, highlight the post and copy it before putting the Checkmark in the Delete Box.) ;)

Take Care,

Richard

Memetic
24th Jan 2004, 08:09
Thanks Richard - I confess to poor spelling / slapdash posting and now you show me up as too lazy to cut and repost....:D

Naples Air Center, Inc.
24th Jan 2004, 08:31
Memetic,

But if you miss a typo, as I did above, and someone posts in reply, as you did, there is no other solution then to go back and edit it, with that nasty:

Last edited by ...

At the bottom. :(

Take Care,

Richard