PDA

View Full Version : Air Astana

Aksai Oiler
22nd Jan 2004, 17:45
Recently myself and I am sure other PAX working in Western Kazakhstan have been "attempting to fly" with Air Astana between Amsterdam and Uralsk/Atyrau. Air Astana are leasing 2 x former LTU Boeing 757's for these services and others to London, etc.

Unfortunately there time keeping is a little off to say the least - my flight on 29th December was 7 hrs late, last weeks was 11 hrs late and yesterday's flight is only 20 hrs late (should land in Uralsk in the next hour). In addition all Air Kazakhstan International flights have been suspended. So alternative routes (via Moscow or Munich) are rapidly disappearing.

I hear Astraeus (our former Charter provider) lost it's licence to operate on the day Air Astana were due to start flying from Uralsk, etc.... Obviously I can put 2+2 together but I want to give them the benefit of the doubt.

If there is any nice person out there from BAe Systems (49% shareholder in Air Astana) or Air Astana who could explain to this poor PAX what is going on, I for one would be interested.

:suspect:

Oiler

LowNSlow
25th Mar 2004, 12:59
Aksai Oiler we are travelling from on this 'service' as well having lost the Air Atyrau/Bristow Tu-134 charter.

I'd like to know when they are going to get the seats re-pitched so I don't have to sit with my knees up my nose for 5 hours :suspect: I've heard a rumour that it's going to be 'some tim ein the summer'........

eal401
26th Mar 2004, 08:01
Oiler, check your PM's. Two separate messages, 'cos I pressed the wrong button!! :(

LowNSlow, I understand there are plans to reconfigure the aircraft, but you know more about me regarding dates!!