PDA

View Full Version : Emirates profile

Altyre
22nd Jan 2004, 17:43
A question for you guys in Dubai.
I've been in the hold pool for the selection for about 6 months now and really want to join Emirates. I was a Cdr for Swiss on the Embraer and got laid off with the social plan. Now I have 3 options: joining Britannia flying 757s as F/O, Ryanair as a Captain on the 737 NG or fly business jets through Europe for Netjets.
The question is: what do you think would be the best move to keep EK interested in me? Do they have a bad opinion of Ryanair or corporate pilots or does it not really matter?
Thanks for your much appreciated answers.

Nil defects
22nd Jan 2004, 20:12
Command time on the 737NG will be well regarded by Emirates and give you the edge over those without it.

Second to that would be the F/O job on the 757.

Business jets don`t really interest most airlines greatly. It may be unfair given that they are quite technologically advanced these days however the general view of recruitment departments is that any bsiness operation is going to provide less demanding training and less adherence to Standard Operating procedures.

With the current world situation being as it is, there is a huge surplus still of guys with airline experience. Command time will give you the edge you may require.