PDA

View Full Version : bmi Route Cuts

Localiser Green
22nd Jan 2004, 17:02
Looks like the following bmi routes will make way for the INV, ABZ and NAP services in March / April:

Madrid to daily (from 2 x daily)
Milan to daily (from 3 x daily)
Paris to 5 x daily (from 6 x daily)
Dublin to 7 x daily (from 8 x daily)
Manchester to 7 x daily (from 8 x daily)
Hanover to 2 x daily (from 3 x daily)

ALLMCC
22nd Jan 2004, 18:02
Relieved to see BHD frequencies not reduced apart from the additional F100 am rotation which has disappeared from the summer schedule - does anyone know if this heralds the return of the A321 on this route?

keepitlit
22nd Jan 2004, 18:49
still waiting on software upgrade,romour has it ready for summer timetable

rdgs K.I.L.:O

glynn-kayes
22nd Jan 2004, 20:50
Summer timetable shows A320

ALLMCC
22nd Jan 2004, 21:18
Quote " Summer timetable shows A320" .... sorry, Glynn, timetable does not show a/c type - booking section however does and it indicates A321 for all weekday (ex BD96/97) and most weekend rotations - please do us the honour of checking your info before posting!

Best Western
22nd Jan 2004, 21:48
Summer Schedule shows A320 on all 8 weekday flights Weekend flights show 7 A320's, and one F100 on BD 96

with alacrity
22nd Jan 2004, 22:18
After MP and MEP Ian Paisley has said he is concerned, having experienced "harsh" landings at BHD because of the length of the runway, and added that his worries have been shared by many fellow passengers, it might be prudent for BMI to consider a relocation back to BFS.;)

NO SURRENDER!

bounty
22nd Jan 2004, 23:01
I'd be worried if I was one of the "Rev"'s fellow travellers

Bezi l
22nd Jan 2004, 23:54
FYI guys,

A320 on BHD until 31May - A321 scheduled to operate from 01 June, which when enough aircraft will have had the mods.

BL
xx:ok:

Best Western
22nd Jan 2004, 23:55
Now i Know what Rev. Ian was going on about for years"

"Ulster sayes No (Bumpy landings)" :confused: :confused: :confused:

I would have thought that he would have flown with the boys in Orange?

ALLMCC
23rd Jan 2004, 00:23
Bezi I - thanks for that!

As for the reverend gentleman's outburst, no real surprise here and just the latest instalment in the unionist anti - BHD vendetta - messrs Empey, Rodgers & Burnside have all had a go - now its "Big Ians" turn - perhaps looking at the situation from another angle, it is no small coincidence that BFS lies in non other than Mr Burnside's constituency and one wonders who REALLY is behind these pathetic displays.

It is all the more regrettable given Mr Burnside's background in the industry (BA) and that he more than anybody should be familiar with the difficulties faced by the industry over the past few years - these publicity stunts are totally unhelpful, wildly uninformed and almost always totally inaccurate which is precisely why they are ignored save for their novelty value - at least their amateurishness provides a few laughs!

Best Western - maybe he likes to fly with a proper airline to a proper airport!

Frankfurt_Cowboy
23rd Jan 2004, 00:31
"these protestations are totally unhelpful"

Is that a typo?

Flightmapping
23rd Jan 2004, 05:41
What is the largest aircraft BFS can handle? I'd always assumed it was a stol airport. The history says Clinton visited in '95 - surely not with Air Force 1?

eastern wiseguy
23rd Jan 2004, 06:19
The history says Clinton visited in '95 - surely not with Air Force 1?

yes he did ...twice(and I was one of the controllers each time) as did Bush (once)

Belfast International

Runway Length 07/25: 2780m x 45m
Runway Length 17/35: 1951m x 45m
Fully cat 3 equipped with ssr.and all facilities open 24 hours

The largest aircraft handled ..C5 and of course a regular visitor is the An 124.

So I think you will agree we have the superior facilities.

Comical Allmcc.....what can I say ...Burnside said not word when BA pulled out after September 11, and this is the first we have heard of (the soon to be ) First Minister expressing what many people have been saying privately for a while.

maybe he likes to fly with a proper airline to a proper airport

Regretabbly Bmi don't offer that choice

Belfast Docks
Runway Length 04/22: 1829m x 61m (the width may have changed recently..but these are the most up to date I have tower ranger will no doubt correct me ):ok:

Flightmapping
23rd Jan 2004, 07:14
From: http://www.belfastcityairport.com/framesets/about_us.html (facts & figures)

"In November 1995 Belfast City Airport played host to Bill Clinton."

I've always generally understood the 146 to be the maximum size for STOL airports, but I guess each one has its own performance capabilities.

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
23rd Jan 2004, 08:02
BFS Belfast International
BHD Belfast City

I though said President went to the international

Gold India Bravo

eastern wiseguy
23rd Jan 2004, 18:38
To clear it up...he LANDED with ALL his various B747/C5/C141/BLACKHAWKS et al at BFS........He then transferred to bhd via helo..and toured the rest of the province before returning ...BFS is STILL the BIGGER of the 2 and could under NO circumstances be described as a "stolport"

ALLMCC
23rd Jan 2004, 18:55
But then BIGGER isn't necessarily BETTER - as the saying goes "size isn't important, its what you do with it".

BFS isn't a "stolport" or even an airport, its an "easyport"!!