PDA

View Full Version : What routes are Jet Star going to open up with?

tobzalp
22nd Jan 2004, 14:47
Interested to see where they will start up. Will it be the usual SY_ML_SY then add bris etc then some other bits or what?

pistol_pete
22nd Jan 2004, 17:32
They will be doing MEL-HBA-MEL, thats the only one I know of for sure.

apacau
23rd Jan 2004, 04:31
SY-ML-SY will not be a launch route.

My guess is that the route structure will be very close if not identical to the current route networks of the 717s. The only major changes I would see are additional 717s on the OOL sectors with 737s on the OOL routes replacing the 717s sourced elsewhere.

HOBAY 3
23rd Jan 2004, 05:11
I agree apacau. I've been having a little play and seeing exactly what 13 717s can do (keeping 1 spare at all times), and I think something like 7 OOL-SYD and 3 OOL-MEL could be managed, if say, HBA-MEL is cut back to 6 a day with mainline operating a couple each day as well. Schedules in QLD are not overly productive at the moment, so can get some extra flights out of improving that. I though that it would be a better idea to have the aircraft based in NTL fly to MEL instead of SYD, SYD is way to short a sector, and NTL-MEL would get a good load. In summary, I came up with:

MEL-HBA x 6
MEL-LST x 3
MEL-NTL x 1
MEL-CFS x weekend
MEL-OOL x 3
MEL-MCY x1
SYD-HBA x3
SYD-LST x1
SYD-CFS x1
SYD-OOL x 7
SYD-MCY x 2
SYD-ROK x 1
SYD-HTI x 2
SYD-TSV x 2
BNE-ROK x 3
BNE-MKY x 4
BNE-HTI x 2
BNE-PPP x 1
BNE-TSV x 1
BNE-ISA x 1
BNE-NTL x 1

This is all very dependent on whether mainline can supplement some sectors where required (MEL-HBA, MEL-OOL, SYD-OOL), and at the times required, which is a big guess!!!

Comments?

:hmm: