PDA

View Full Version : Eva Air Recruitment And Information

skippy777
22nd Jan 2004, 14:29
Was wondering if someone could shed some light on the recruitment process at EVA.

All other info about pay, benefits and training would be most appreciated.

Thank you for the help in advance.

chetdc9
1st Feb 2004, 06:44
Hi,

Go to evaair.com and check out employment.

unruly
5th Feb 2004, 16:04
I used to think that SQ / Silk Air would be a good airline to apply to but after reading all the other posts, I'm beginning to wonder if that is still true. Also, how come nobody in EVA is carping about his/her salary or working conditions? Might they be experiencing pilot nirvana out there or just want to stay out of this expat / management brouhaha that has been plaguing most other airlines that are hiring expats?

lofty50
5th Feb 2004, 16:14
I am probably speaking out of turn as I am not employed by Eva, nor even in the airline business. I have been in Taipei for nearly 3 years as a financial adviser and have many captains, relief captains and F/Os as clients. As an expat pilot you get accommodation provided at their dormitory block in Nankan, not too far from CKS airport. Salary is not too bad I understand. I believe thay are hiring. Immediately following 9/11 they sacked 60+ pilots, and have not recovered. Pilots at Eva are working their bums off to keep the 'planes in the air.

I will say no more as I am totally unqualifed to comment. You need to come and see Taiwan and Eva. I believe it is not too bad.

FlynFish
7th Feb 2004, 01:46
Thanks Mr.Lofty,

Thank you for the information provided.

Its always nice to see a fresh outlook of events taking place from a non pilot happening in that great part of the world.

As for myself I am in the process of applying to EVA and Im trying to find out as much info as possible.

Bases,rostering ,time to upgrade and salaries would be nice to start with.Currently flying the Airbus as an FO,any additional would be appreciated.

Cheers !!

pitotman
11th Feb 2004, 00:57
I was not going to post but I feel I have to......I am a 744 qualified pilot and I was offered the interview about 3 months ago! I was keen to travel there until I read the contract offer or atleast the email that they sent me with the terms & conditions.....It is no better than the second rate Singapore Cargo contract! (that is being generous) I promptly called them back and cancelled my interview! The pay was less than $4000.00 usd a month after tax and why the hell would anyone want to live in a dorm by a major international airport..........but again the only people that are even considering it are those that have this hard-on to fly the ole -400. I can make more money flying a general aviation airplane.............