PDA

View Full Version : Chatting online...

Steve76
22nd Jan 2004, 04:25
Heliport or Capt. PPRUNE,

While chatting with Bloodycrow the other day we talked about how great it would be to be able to see who was on the forum, click on their handle and chat similar to MSN (...but without the spyware :) )
Is this possible within the forum without having to go to the chat room?

It would be just so good to be able to have a quick conversation with mates from around the planet.

Cheers, and please continue the great job.

Steve76 :hmm:

Heliport
22nd Jan 2004, 06:38
No, or if it is, I haven't discovered it. The nearest we've got is sending PMs to other members while they're on line.
I'm told some people spend a lot of time in the chat room but I've never been tempted myself so I don't know what it's like - even if I was tempted, my typing's probably too slow. :)

Heliport

(Thanks for the compliment. :ok: )

Steve76
25th Jan 2004, 20:04
HP,

Is is possible to incorperate the chat into the forum in the future?
Just click and type stuff if another is online....

Ta,
Steve

B Sousa
25th Jan 2004, 22:41
Not Kicking a gift Horse in the Mouth but I also agree that a Chat Room for REGISTERED PPruners would be fun. Im sure the folks in the tower will say.......and whos gonna pay for it.. I understand that also.
I almost kicked in a couple months ago, but got no response to an inquiry and also got edited on a subject where the Ass:mad:ole continued to rant. Pissed me off enough to keep Pennies in my pocket.
If things come around, great, if not the old motto is in place. Cheap is good Free is better. I dont mind spending if its something I want......

Whirlybird
26th Jan 2004, 04:59
Why don't any of you ever come into the PPRuNe chat room?

Time Out
26th Jan 2004, 05:02
No reason why we couldn't have a sticky thread here, maybe called "chat" for chatting in the informal and multi-topic way I understand from Steve76's post.

SandBlaster-214
26th Jan 2004, 05:55
Steve76, ya got my vote...

Bert, same here, I'd kick in too, if...

Whirly, I'm WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to slow of a thinker for the chat room...

Time Out, several of us almost got away with it a while back but, were told, in a polite but "round about" fashion, that's what the "JetBlast" forum was for.

PPRuNe Towers
26th Jan 2004, 10:50
Enough already you guys. We have chat. The software licence is $800 usd a year.
It's entirely free for you, it's there to be used and that's quite enough for us to lay out thanks.

Regards
Rob

Time Out
26th Jan 2004, 12:30
PPRuNe Towers - thanks for that informative post. I certainly had given no thought to the issue from your perspective. It just seemed like a good idea, so the clarification was worthwhile. :ok: