PDA

View Full Version : Cut and Paste Problems - Excel to Word

AerBabe
21st Jan 2004, 18:21
I've got a bit of a problem.....
I am trying to cut and paste several Excel charts into a Word document. I don't want to use Paste Special as they need cropping. When I paste the colour charts in though, they appear black & white in the Word document. Any ideas? :confused:

DubTrub
21st Jan 2004, 23:32
A straightforward cut & paste works fine for me (Excel and Word both 2002 versions), result comes out in colour.

What are your program versions, and how do you intend to crop? Or do you mean resize?

AerBabe
23rd Jan 2004, 19:32
Sorry for taking a while to answer that - been snowed under!
It's Excel 2002 and Word 2002, using Windows Professional.
A way round the problem is to run Chart Wizard on all the charts again, imbedding them within existing worksheets. But that's far from ideal as all the fonts & formatting is mucked up. :(

DubTrub
23rd Jan 2004, 20:25
I'm using XP Pro too. I think the difference is that all my charts are the embedded version (as against on a separate sheet), and hence I can simply highlight the chart, then C&P.
I will try the separate sheet method & report back.

Well that seems to work just fine (copying a separate chart into Word), they come out in colour too.

I wonder if it's in the "Options" somewhere?

Nope, can/'t find it in the options for Excel or Word.

Try re-loading Office 2000 (or the individual programs)..it might just be a glitch.

(I had to do this the other day to get my spell checker to work correctly)

Aerbabe, try this:

Paste the chart into Word.
Right-click it > Format Picture.

Under Image Control, Color: select Automatic

See if that works

AerBabe
23rd Jan 2004, 21:37
Already tried the format colour - automatic jobby. No change. :(
Unfortunately, reloading the software isn't an option, cos it's a work machine. Ah well.

Oh, by cropping I mean trimming the excess white off the picture once it's pasted into Word, not resizing. That's why I didn't want to get round the B&W problem by using Paste Special - it doesn't let you crop.