PDA

View Full Version : 1900 Operators in the USA

blueline69
21st Jan 2004, 17:37
Hello there fellow ppruners !

Anyone have any contact details for B1900 operators in the USA. I'm a South African with an SA ATP and about 1200hrs on tipe , mostly PIC , looking to forward my carrier in the USA. I have close family still living there , and have been told that obtaining a green card shouldn't be a problem. Any information/contact details would be mostly appreceated:ok:

Blueline69

M.85
21st Jan 2004, 20:52
go to yahoo search and type be1900 operator list usa...im sure youll find some..:rolleyes:
The best chance to get a job would be to contact Great Lakes airlines(united feeder)(ie great mistakes)be aware that fos are treated like pen holders nothing else.Didnt fly for them but since 1900 are considered single pilot acs..thats what you have to expect.I knew a few pilots flying for them.
If you want to fly cargo,i know theres a big operator out of california but cant seem to remember the name..they used to fly a lot to Cincinnati,big feeder for DHL airways.they fly metroliners3 also but they are single pilot operated..or if an fo happens to be there capt get 5$/hour extra..

Most operators are getting rid of turboprops for CRJs but places like Raytheon in Wichita may get a few king airs for you to practice on..i know people ther if you need connections
:p
M.85

av8boy
22nd Jan 2004, 04:23
Assuming I formatted the query correctly (no promises), these are the 1900 operators in the FAA certification database:

AIR MIDWEST INC
BH CHARTER LTD
TULSA COUNTY AREA VOTECH DISTRICT NUMBE
CENTRAL MOUNTAIN AIR LTD
HAGELAND AVIATION SERVICES INC
FRONTIER FLYING SERVICE INC
GREAT LAKES AVIATION LTD
GULFSTREAM INTERNATIONAL AIRLINES INC
CORPORATE AIR
ISLAND AIR INC
SKY UNLIMITED LIMITED
SUBURBAN AIR FREIGHT INC
AMERIFLIGHT INC
CHAMPLAIN ENTERPRISES INC
SOUTHERN AIR CHARTER COMPANY LTD
SUNDANCE AIR INC
MEDICAL UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH CAROLINA
NORTH CARIBOO FLYING SERVICE LTD
NORTHROP GRUMMAN SYSTEMS CORPORATION
COLGAN AIR INC
NORTHERN THUNDERBIRD AIR LTD
EAGLE CANYON AIRLINES INC
PRINCE EDWARD AIR LTD
SKYLINK EXPRESS INC
RANGE SYSTEMS ENGINEERING COMPANY
SKYWAY AIRLINES INC
AIR GEORGIAN LTD
TAB EXPRESS AIRLINE INC
ALPINE AVIATION INC
SUNDANCE AIR VENEZUELA SA
PACIFIC EAGLE AVIATION LTD
WASAYA AIRWAYS LTD PARTNERSHIP
PACIFIC COASTAL AIRLINES LTD
HELIJET INTERNATIONAL INC FIXED WING
SERVICIOUS AEREOS PROFESIONALES INC
TRANS CARIBBEAN AIRWAYS INC
ALASKA CENTRAL EXPRESS INC
2734141 CANADA INC
ARIZONA EXPRESS AIRLINES INC

Good luck!

Dave

M.85
22nd Jan 2004, 19:22
Ameriflight is the one i couldnt remember the name of...Thanks:ok: :E

M.85

av8boy
23rd Jan 2004, 01:37
My pleasure.

Dave :ok:

blueline69
23rd Jan 2004, 03:14
Many thanks ! I will start looking in to a few off those. Can ya recommend any of them ? Do they all operate as single crew operations ? Can ya recommend any good schools to convert my SA license ? I have done a Google search and have a few names , but you guys there know best :ok:

Many thanks

Blueline69

av8boy
23rd Jan 2004, 04:36
Just as a point of reference, people who know me seldom indicate that I "know best" about, well.. anything... :O

Perhaps .85 can help?

Dave

M.85
23rd Jan 2004, 17:51
Blueboy,
Where s that name come from,remember having a friend from oklahoma who had a sticker at the back of his blue jeep(pretty cool one i must add)which said blue boy on it...
Anyways...Not all operators of 1900 fly single pilots of course..if you have passengers at the back,2 crews must be upfront.or i believe 1 pilot and an autopilot.But since my airline for example didnt fit any A/P we were two pilots(capt)flying pax charters when it came around..but otherwise it was single pilot for freight.
However if you are single pilot and you bring a gfriend/jumpseater along it has (legally)to be in VFR conditions...
SO,pax:2 crews,Freight :1 crew if of course the insurance of the company allows it...some freight airlines even if operating freight on be1900/Sa227 dont allow their pilots to fly single pilot.
Now the names of airlines i knowwho fly single crew:
I dont know any from the list above..I know that ameriflight flies both single and multi crew,and great lakes as its pax they fly 2 crew..however i was told that the fo is there to do the radios and thats it..their checklist before the flight consists of briningin licence and flashlight..thats about it..it may have changed..
Im talking too much now...best thing is finding out if they operate freight or pax..

M.85

blueline69
26th Jan 2004, 17:22
Many thanks for all the info. I am looking into it as we speak.

The name , well , thats a long story........:E

Blueline:ok:

mtnflyer
2nd Feb 2004, 04:01
:D hey,blueline69,i'm working for great lakes in denver,and would be delighted to help u in any way i can.we have around 30 D models,and 8 emb-120's,and are rumoured to get some more.of all the beech operators out there,we offer many career advantages ,but pay is not one of them.currently we are running a new hire class a month,and will continue to do so for the next few.this is the fastest progression in the industry,but is not for the faint of heart,and as such is not for everybody.there are many different opinions out there,and by all means get an accurate portrayal to make up your own mind.it comes down to you in the end,for you only get out of this career what u put into it.anyway,i'm off the soapbox now.drop me a message,and i'll fill u in.