PDA

View Full Version : Flight Training College of Africa ?

Lloyd Braun
21st Jan 2004, 13:13
Has this school closed down ?

Has it merged with Flight Training College (George) ?

I can't find the website for Flight Training College of Africa (www.ftc-sa.com)

Has anyone out there done UK ATPL theory at one of these schools and got any opinions etc ? Can you sit the exams in SA instead of the UK ?

Cheers

silverknapper
21st Jan 2004, 22:58
Been there done that bought the bloody expensive T shirt.
Nothing to do with the george outfit anymore. Had been about to go under then bailed out then they pulled out so don't know what the state of play is now.
Can't sit exams there.
Groundschool is terrible, rubbish notes and no feedback. Out of the last class to finish the course none have yet passed all the exams, over a year since they started. People who were halfway through, ie started in may were told to go home as the course wasn't being finished. Please avoid them. Post this on wannabees to see the response you get. Also do a search.

skyfarmer
26th Jan 2004, 00:40
Had a phone call the other night, at least one person from the last group has passed the ATPL's. Unless of course I am wrong and FTC managed to get another group through, but I can't see it the way it was going. He phoned me last night requesting info on where I took my CPL/IR. I was out there doing a FI rating when he was just starting the ATPL.

It is a shame that they have gone the way they have, I was out there for the first ATPL course when Atlantic were involved, and had a great time. Yes the notes were crap but a few of us still got through.