PDA

View Full Version : Dash 8

m-dot
21st Jan 2004, 06:12
Is anyone able to email me any Dash 8 ground school notes.

Anything at all is appreciated.

Hugh Jarse
21st Jan 2004, 10:58
m-dot,
If you're doing the Eastern ground school, you'll be given the Engineering Manual, which is about 4" thick. You'll get that on first day of ground school. Most of the course revolves around this manual. There are a couple of days of performance ground school at the end, which works through sections 5 to 8 of the FCOM.

From what I understand, no pre-reading is required and tests are done as you progress through the course. That makes it more manageable from a study point of view.

Don't stress. :E

When you start your line training I'll give you a book that'll help you survive.;)

Captain Stoobing
21st Jan 2004, 17:26
M-dot,

Have to agree with Hugh. I would just wait until you get the books in the ground school. All I would be doing, if you can, is learning some of the limitations. They are things that you just HAVE to know. Rote learning so to speak. Am not in the EAA system but close enough to it. ( if you know what I mean )
Other than that chill out and way for the nightmare to begin. (Not really, it is good).

Capt. Stoobing.:ok:

Ang737
4th Feb 2004, 10:41
I notice that the Dash 8 courses are for airframe and maintenance staff. Can any PM me with details of the next pilots ground course

Hugh Jarse
4th Feb 2004, 10:52
Ang, a course started Monday. Approx 10 pilots but not sure of how many Engineers.

Haven't heard of when the next course commences.