PDA

View Full Version : spotting at NCL

nighthawk117
21st Jan 2004, 05:22
Hi guys,

Im going to be heading over to Newcastle tomorrow for the Job Fair, and was thinking of doing some spotting while im there. Where are the best areas for spotting and photography?. Am I right in thinking the Viewing Area has been closed to allow for terminal expansion?

Thanks in advance!

GrahamK
21st Jan 2004, 07:16
Probably no spotting allowed now if the viewing terrace is closed

Squealing Pig
21st Jan 2004, 07:25
Tend to see enthusiasts on the lanes near the 25 threshold, don’t think there’s much of a view of the field from there only of the approach, also south of the 07 threshold is a grassy area that might be a good vantage point.

SP

Madtoonfan
22nd Jan 2004, 01:16
The areas where i spot and take photos for my website are at either end of the runway, i would say that the cleanest solution is at the end of runway 25, theres a junction at the end of the runway which takes you up to a nature reserve area, as you turn into this junction there are lay bys at each side of the road. If these are occupied simpl carry on until the next right turn off, there is parking there. From there just walk back along the path to the grassy area with the red seat.
Alternatively you can use 07 to spot from, this is a field which is raised allowing good views of the runway and the parking areas. To get here simply follow thr road out of the terminal and head past the runway lights to 07, opposite these lights there is a gate on your right hand side. This is the gate into the field.

Check out some of my pics and suss out the views for yourself!!! Contact me if you wish, [email protected]

Good spotting mate!:O

Madtoonfan-