PDA

View Full Version : class 1 eyesight

gliderflyer
20th Jan 2004, 20:19
My question is regarding certification for the JAR class 1, specifically the eyesight requirements. My problem is I only have 6/12+ corrected vision in my bad eye, although my right eye would pass uncorrected. AND, due to this being caused by amblyopia I have no depth perception. I have been advised that FAA class 1 certification might be possible, but obviously as far as I can see this wouldnt be very much use for commercial flying in the UK! Does anyone have any advice as to what my best course of action might be?
Thanks a lot!

Richard

Blinkz
20th Jan 2004, 21:38
It depends how u mean commercial flight in the Uk mate.

If you have a FAA ATP license and work for an american company you can still fly in the UK, as long as you fly N registered aircraft. but your correct to think that you couldn't get a JAA ATPL and fly UK/european aircraft.

clever eh :)

I'm in a similair ish situation, I can't get a JAA class 1 due to colourblindness and could probably get a FAA class 1. Problem then of course is that you can't work in the UK, and not having a green card will obviously make working in the US next to impossible.

I have the option of going to Austrailia but that too has problems.