PDA

View Full Version : OE6 Print Size

Fris B. Fairing
20th Jan 2004, 09:00
Memories of the pain of upgrading from IE3 to IE4 many years ago has caused me to procrastinate in upgrading from IE5 to IE6. Recently I purchased the latest version of NAV which demands IE6 so I reluctantly upgraded. Now I find that I have no control over the font size when printing an email in Outlook Express 6. There is an elaborate "fix" on the MS Knowledge Base which works, provided you don't ever want to turn your computer off! From what I can gather, IE controls the print size in OE, which means that you have to go back to IE to select the desired text size, then go back to OE to print your email. This is an improvement? Am I missing something here?

Cheers

Ausatco
20th Jan 2004, 19:33
Well, I'll be ...!!! Isn't that ridiculous. I've been using IE6 and OE6 for ages and never identified the issue, I think because I always have text size in both IE and OE set to medium so the print size in OE is always reasonable.

There's a text size in OE, but it only affects screen text - the printed text size is controlled by IE, as you identified.

Only the text in the message body is affected. Header text (addresses, subject) seems unaffected.

Wierd.

Any chance you could post the knowledgebase URL? I found some references to display text size, but couldn't pin down the print issue we're discussing.

Thanks

AA

Fris B. Fairing
21st Jan 2004, 05:22
Ausatco

The Knowlege Base article (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;276435)

A rather laborious fix which appears to work - only until you reboot.

Cheers

Ausatco
21st Jan 2004, 08:27
Thanks FBF.

I hope they fix it, but in the article you pointed me to they don't even hint that it's a problem, just a fact of life, so it's probably mot on the MS priority list.

Cheers

AA