PDA

View Full Version : One Place To Have A Vote On The New Air Space Rules.

lame
20th Jan 2004, 03:39
Sky News Australia had a big story this morning on the new air space rules.

The subject is their poll for today, it is currently running at 85% say they need reviewing.

If you are interested, vote at their site.

http://www.skynews.com.au/

Capt Claret
20th Jan 2004, 06:21
Voting currently at 68% against review! :ooh:

Unfortunately CivilAir, AFAP & AIPA are not getting their message out to the public. Any friends or acquaintances who have asked me for my opinion have been aghast at the concept of two different categories of flight (IFR v VFR) sharing airspace but not communication.

ugly
20th Jan 2004, 06:28
Its now running at 69% NO

Any 13 year old computer whiz can show you how to screw up an online poll

Besides - its a bit of a loaded question anyway.

News Headline - NEW AIR SPACE SYSTEM COMES UNDER FURTHER FIRE

then a poll questions - Do you think Australia's air safety regulations need to be reviewed?

The public has no preconception about airspace until today - now they're been told its under fire do they think it should be reviewed. Of course they'll vote yes.

I'm actually surprised at the current results based on this and expect someone is playing silly ******s.

lame
20th Jan 2004, 07:24
Well it must have changed dramatically after I posted this thread here on PPRuNe. :confused:

Maybe a lot of people here are happy with the current system? :sad:

lame, I don't think you should have included the word "here" in your post above. Those "here" that are happy with the current system would definately be in the absolute minority, if other PPRuNe threads are any guide!

Skynews questions are usually either "loaded" or too ludicrous to respond to.

Woomera

ugly
20th Jan 2004, 11:32
And now its swung back the other way :rolleyes:

Like I said - its not exactly scientific or secure. It seems to use a 'cookie' file saved on your PC to stop you voting more than once. Delete the cookie and you can vote again... and again, and again etc :ok:

About as trustworthy as the US electronic voting system ;)

The Voice
20th Jan 2004, 13:02
back to 85% FOR review ..

makes me wonder just how much Mr and Mrs Average really understand about what is actually happening to the point where they can make an informed decision ...

tobzalp
20th Jan 2004, 13:19
or you can just turn off cookies and vote till your hearts content.......

Capn Bloggs
20th Jan 2004, 21:39
Tobzalp,
If I turn off my frikkin cookies, what am I going to have for morning tea??