PDA

View Full Version : Automatically being logged out!!

Funkie
20th Jan 2004, 01:09
Hi all,

For the last couple of weeks now, I’m automatically being logged out of PPRuNe!!

I have not been deleting the cookies, nor is my PC set-up to delete them as part of any clean-up processes.

Has this been happening to anybody else?

Funkie:ok:

Naples Air Center, Inc.
20th Jan 2004, 01:23
Funkie,

It would really help knowing which Operating System and which Browser Version you are running.

Just a stab in the dark, if you are running IE 6, go to Tools >> Internet Options >> Privacy Tab >> Edit Button.

Then add in www.pprune.org and click the Allow Button.

Take Care,

Richard

PPRuNe Towers
20th Jan 2004, 02:41
.......and you could try this as well.

First delete all temp internet files. Then delete all cookies with the word PPRuNe in them. Shut down your browser and then restart it. Go to the site at: www.pprune.org/forums and log in again.

Regards
Rob

Funkie
20th Jan 2004, 04:04
NAC,

I'm running XP (Home Edition) and IE6. I have added pprune to the list so I guess it's a wait and see game.

Rob,

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Lets hope it works

Just a thought - I've recently joined another bulletin board associated with my passion for Ducati's. Could this cause a conflict, not with flying - but with pprune (sorry poor humour!!)

Fraser.

Naples Air Center, Inc.
20th Jan 2004, 04:55
Fraser,

The only time you would have a problem would be if you logged into the same Forum with two different Accounts. You can have as many difference forums you like since the logon will be associated with each domain name.

So you can fly on your bike and not worry about flying with your airplane. ;)

Take Care,

Richard

spekesoftly
20th Jan 2004, 15:17
I also experienced the same as Funkie, but only for a day or so. I just lived with it, changed nothing, and now all is well again.

A short while ago there was also a temporary time limit placed on editing, and the search function was not available for some hours yesterday. I suspect that it all may be due to some periodic and necessary PPRuNe maintenance. Not a complaint, just a possible explanation?