View Full Version : Codes

Bernoulli
20th Jan 2004, 01:01
Any of you chaps out there got a copy of either the Dolphin Code or the Falcon Code? Perhaps there are other codes we should know about? Cheers

cargo boy
22nd Jan 2004, 07:17
:confused:

Felix Lighter
22nd Jan 2004, 07:59
Dont have a list anymore but my favs/most used:

FALC 588: "Break out the Mars Bars"
FALC 507: "You just drive the bus and leave the tactics to us"
FALC 568: "Show us your t#ts"

and the all time most used:

FALC 500: "You, Sir, can f@ck right off"

stealth117
22nd Jan 2004, 08:29
Found this site on google, under "dolphin code" if its what you are looking for.

http://www.rnca.info/humour/rnca9h.htm

Maple 01
22nd Jan 2004, 08:32
Anyone remember the 'Fox India' codes? The only one I remember is

Fox India 101 = Epic, fu@king epic

Regards

-Nick

BOAC
22nd Jan 2004, 16:05
Courtesy of 2 of our ex-mil mods,
Falcon (http://www.gashbag.com/dolphincode.htm)

and Dolphin (http://www.rnca.info/humour/rnca9m.htm)

Anyone got a link to the Harrier 'Thrust' codes?

jayteeto
23rd Jan 2004, 02:23
In NI we had the goat codes and number 115 stays with me to this day (and we used it a lot!!)....

115: Here I am, brain the size of a planet, hovering at 10,000 feet over Crossmaglen at 4 o'clock in the morning..... Life? Don't talk to me about life!!

Another funny was:

This officer is so stupid, the others have started to notice.

teeteringhead
23rd Jan 2004, 16:19
hovering at 10,000 feet over Crossmaglen
Hope you were working Dublin jayteeto ... IIRC that's smack in their TMA!! ;) ;)

And in further tribute to "101", I remember an extremely gash FOLA brief (any other sort?), where exchange between FOLA captain and Duty Auth went thus:

FC: Errr ... weather .... well it's epic.

DA: Would you like to go into a bit more detail.

FC: OK boss ... weather's f%ckin' epic!!

radish
22nd Feb 2004, 00:24
Once the Dolphin code has been rediscovered perhaps someone will post a link to the Penguin code?:confused:

Mike Oxbig
22nd Feb 2004, 17:07
The only Dolphin code I remember was one used often during Jez ops at 6000' in the middle of the night 15 mins to off task and the PWO asks "what is your endurance?"

Dolphin 125 - W*N@ER!
:hmm:

Pontius Navigator
22nd Feb 2004, 22:44
We had a couple,

One of our knockers called up another aircraft on teh sqn and sent "Falcon nn". Quick as a flash the dep sqn AE Ldr on the other aircraft came back Falcon nn pass your message. Duh!

The other, one of our ex-knockers at Pitreavie sent a Falcon code to us on task. Our radio op, not having the code, asked what the message was. The man in the hole then sent a 30 group NAMAT message explaining in minute detail what the Falcon code was.

Then the good news. We had the trappers on board and man in hole was man in sh1t and it was DEEP.

Ray Dahvectac
23rd Feb 2004, 21:20
In the days when the RN HAD Carriers and Amphibious ships, we took their 'Flag Officer Carriers and Amphibious Ships' out on a ship co-op sortie with HMS Hermes. I had the delight of dealing with the Tac Comms that day, and it wasn't long before the Admiral sat down behind me and plugged into the radio and intercom.

Comms with the RN were well down to the normal standard, with AB 'Roger Waite' on the Primary Tac freq as usual. After about 10 minutes of hearing this, FOCAS asked me if I would send a message to Hermes. Never one to turn down a request from a 2-star, of whatever service, I agreed. The message was "From: FOCAS - Sharpen up your comms!"

By the time I had NUCO'd up his appointment, he had wandered off and his seat taken by his Flag Lt who heard me transmit the message, and also heard the instant response of "Dolphin 102" [Get Off My Fcuking Back!].

I left it to him to pass the message on to the Admiral......:p

circle kay
24th Feb 2004, 00:29
I was under the impression that due to too many mismatched versions of ‘Dolphin’ being in circulation, leading to even more confusion over the air than usual:D It had been replaced by ‘Ringbolt’. Can any pingger confirm this or has it all been lost in the conversion to the large grey Tupperware beast? Have IBM buried the code deep in the sub menus of new cab?