PDA

View Full Version : BHX GWY Aer Arann

runawayedge
19th Jan 2004, 20:21
Heard rumours that Aer Arann have just announced a new route to Galway from Birmingham. Also that they are to base a large number of crew there due to the large number of services out of Galway....

BEST L/CONTROLLER
19th Jan 2004, 20:56
Great new for the IRISH carrier, they are blossoming, from being a nobody to slowly making their precence known, I remember when Aer Arann only had 1 Islander operating to the Arann Islands from Connamara airport in Galway, that's where it all started in Galway,

I flew with Aer Arann from Dublin to Galway 2 years ago and it was great.

Cheers!!!!!;)

michaelknight
19th Jan 2004, 21:56
Yes Aer Arann are basing pilots in Galway. But Aer Arann's success is much down to the fact that Aer Lingus Commuter that operate the routes up to the '90s was wrapped up, thus handing them to Aer Arann, who are subsidised on these routes for their troubles. So they have received a fair bit of help in the past few years to get where they are. But long may their success continue.

Michaelknight

BEST L/CONTROLLER
19th Jan 2004, 23:35
I've been on Galway airports websistewww.galwayairport.com
and Aer Arann's website www.aerarann.com and nothing is stating a GWY-BHX route at the moment.

I guess we'll have to just sit back and watch this space.

CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Buster the Bear
21st Jan 2004, 01:18
http://www.aerarann.com/PR04_gwy_bhx.htm

BEST L/CONTROLLER
21st Jan 2004, 02:17
It's official,

Great news!!

CHEERS!!!!!:ok:

runawayedge
21st Jan 2004, 23:30
Interesting to see if it works for them with My Travel in Knock and Flybe in Shannon. Though, LTN, MAN seem to be working.

BEST L/CONTROLLER
22nd Jan 2004, 05:09
Let's hope so hey!

Cheers!!!:ok:

Exospheric
23rd Jan 2004, 16:45
MYL have an average 85% load on their A320 out of Knock, I shouldnt think that they are overly concerned about this development.