View Full Version : Hi Hi, Help Help !

Aileron Roll
19th Jan 2004, 20:16
Have recentley moved to Norway after 10 years of flying in New Zealand and Asia. Have about 4000 hours, lots of twin and Instructing.......

Would really appreciate any advise on flying in this part of the world

1 Is a JAA licence required, how to convert here

2 Possible flying work, airlines, instructing etc........

I have right to live and work here

Thanks all

Oluf
19th Jan 2004, 20:36
Hi

JAA licence or licence issued by country adhering to JAA regs is needed. The rules of conversion have changed since the introduction of JAA. My best advice to you would be to contact the Norwegian CAA directly, and get them to give you a complete requirement list, and then stick to it. They can actually be rather helpful, and thus aid you in avoiding costly mistakes.
As for jobs----- Same as everywhere else I'm sure, comes down to experience and being at the right place at the right time.

Rgds

O:ok:

M.85
19th Jan 2004, 21:13
GOOD LUCK:uhoh: :ok:

M.85

do you speak a Scandinavian language?because youll have to do the 14 ATPL exams,the CPL skill test and most of the IR syllabus..rather expensive.:{
If you dont speak the above languages,I suggest you go to England as its the best place to study and a very good standard,also there are lots of people from Australia,New Zealand who go there,good contacts to be made..
By the way why leave such nice and hot wx to come to dark nights Norway?
Cant wait for the summer to go to sweden and enjoy stockholm archipelago ,its thousands of islands and numerous gorgeous blondes:p

All the best,

M.85

Aileron Roll
20th Jan 2004, 18:10
Thankyou Oluf and M.85

Have left the delights of Asia for Norway as have fallen for a lovley Norwegien Lady............. Currentley in Trondheim, but she will shortly be posted to Hammerfest........

Norway very nice, food and beer just fine, and I don't care (at risk of seriously upsetting someone)what the world says, but Whale Meat is excellent !!!!

thanks again..............

M.85
21st Jan 2004, 18:49
You are mostly welcome and i dont blame you to fall for a Norwegian lady:p
Whale meat i never tried..but south african ostriches steaks are rather tasty;)
If you have any questions on reconversion just pm me..
All the best,
M.85