PDA

View Full Version : Servisair Guernsey

Flight Level Zero
19th Jan 2004, 20:04
Servisair in Guernsey have just announced that they are withdrawing from the 18th April or before if the new terminal becomes operational earlier.

Staff were told by the Managing Director, Regional Airports and the Head of Operations that they would not be paid any redundancy as this was not compulsory under Guernsey law, even though a large percentage of the staff had in excess of 20 years loyal service.

The reasons given were the refusal by Flybe to pay a handling rate which cover the costs and the increased operational costs associated with the new terminal.

BEST L/CONTROLLER
19th Jan 2004, 21:34
Is there another handling agent at GCI to handle all the flts?

I work for Servisair on the mainland and I havn't hear anything as yet, if I get any inside info I will post, unless you get any more soon.

CHEERS!!!!;)

Flight Level Zero
19th Jan 2004, 22:06
Aurigny are the only other handling agent and they operate in direct competition to Flybe on some routes, rumour has it that Flybe will become self handling with cabin crew, cleaners and engineers assisting.

Guern
20th Jan 2004, 03:26
According to the local media here 35 jobs to go, although they will keep cargo ops.

Earthmover
14th Feb 2004, 08:39
Now that is really bad news. These people where the nicest bunch of handling agents anywhere in the 70's and 80's - and I bet they haven't changed - what's happening to this industry? Professional despatchers being replaced by barely articulate people who call you 'mate' and present you with an incorrect loadsheet - and lie about where the bags are anyway. Still, saves money of course. Ho-Hum