PDA

View Full Version : FlyBe new routes...

smudge74
19th Jan 2004, 16:51
Hi

Anyone know what regional airports Flybe is expanding to this year and is one going to be Norwich???

Cheers
Smudge

iwannabeapilot
19th Jan 2004, 20:23
SOU was their centre of expansion last year, but sources say they might concentrate on increasing operations at BHX - maybe norwich too, but not sure.

they recently applied for a license for the GCI - MAN route, and were granted it, though have no intention of actuallly starting the route, as it will put their GCI - SOU at risk

MEFLYBE
19th Jan 2004, 21:07
The bulk of Flybe's expansion in 2004 is centering around Edi and Gla routes and more continental european services out of Southampton, Exeter, Bristol and Birmingham.

New routes include:
EDI to BHD
EDI to SOU
GLA to BHD
GLA to SOU
BHX to PGF
EXT to FAO
BRS to BOD
SOU to LIG
SOU to LRC
SOU to PGF

The Q400 deliverie are coming in thick and fast and are helping to establish many new routes with their excellent operating economics.

In regard to any new bases in the UK, I think Bristol will get the next bunch of routes such as Murcia, Geneva, Perpignan etc. The main problem at the moment is the 146. Anything North of Birmingham is stretching the aircraft's capabilities for routes such as Malaga and Faro.

I think Flybe. has the right seating capacity to open new regional low fares bases, but not in the North due to range.

I think Norwich would be an excellent choice and there are rumours of it being next on the list. A market exists for low fares flights from Norwich to Alicante, Malaga, Murcia, Palma, Faro, Prague, Belfast BHD, Dublin and Jersey for starters.

I am not sure if the 146 could fly HUY-AGP for example, but in terms of terminal pax, HUY is next on the list for low fares flights, unless anyone wants to launch GCI-ALC or IOM-AGP! I think Flybe. with a 100 seater aircraft has the right capacity for HUY. but I'm not sure if it is too far North for the 146??

HUY and NWI are both crying out for a Dublin link, and Jersey in the summer was flown successfully for years.

Regards

Mike

BEST L/CONTROLLER
19th Jan 2004, 21:10
How would a GCI-MAN flt put the GCI-SOU route at risk:confused: .

It wouldn't affect it at all would it, as there is nearly 400 miles differance, or am I wrong??

CHEERS!!!!!!!!!

HZ123
19th Jan 2004, 21:37
Where are all these pax coming from. FlyBe seems to be doing very well if all the routes it operates are returning strong growth and firm yields. However, as stated the 146 must be stretched (no pun intented) on many of the longer EU routes. The 146 is also not known for its comfort, we operate the RJ which does have more powerful engines and is sleeker inside but not pax popular

I am surprised that the Dash 8 not to slow for many of the routes, if only in the mind of thwe punter, who is often loathed to fly turbo prop. Mind I will agree it turns in a fine economic actual seat per kilometer performance and can be very profitable.

Is this right that FBE are retiring from LHR as stated on the Rumours section.

The_Banking_Scot
20th Jan 2004, 03:01
Hi,

I think Flybe are " selling" some? of thier LHR slots with Qantas and Virgin Atlantic reportedly buying them.

Regards

TBS

CaptAirProx
20th Jan 2004, 03:35
Regarding GCI -SOU.

I believe its a gentlemens agreement between flybe and aurigny that provided flybe don't compete on MAN, Aurigny will keep away from SOU.