PDA

View Full Version : JALways

Taikonaut
19th Jan 2004, 10:17
I heard that JALways DC-10 crew (FO and FE) are being phased out while WASINC still actively hiring 747 crew.

There won't be any transition for the FOs and FEs to the 747. Captains will move up to 747 but right and backseat guys are gone, being replaced by junior WASINC guys. Somethings here don't smell right. :suspect:

varigflier
19th Jan 2004, 23:26
There's a bit of tension going on because nobody knows for sure what will happen to the FOs and FEs on the DC 10 and also because of salary cuts. I guess the Japanese made alot of money but don't want to return it to the pilots. Lots of people are leaving the company for other companies and the majority of people applying can't get past the medical. Only time will tell what will happen.

CFIT
23rd Jan 2004, 09:15
Unfortunately, I guess that's what being a contract pilot means (we are disposable), and it couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of guys. It's sad to see that the JAL mainline Japanese pilots are still getting their winter and summer bonuses, while the contract pilots are getting the pay cut (it doesn't make sense in the real world, but it makes perfect Japanese sense?!?!?!?!?!?). With morals at rock bottom, experience guys leaving, and if the majors in the U.S. start their recall soon, it'll be interseting to see what's going to happen.