PDA

View Full Version : ASG Jet - anybody out there who did the program?

sharksucker
19th Jan 2004, 06:26
I know, this has been discussed several times in the past already..
But I would like to hear comments of people who already went through the program.
Please feel free to give me some aspects, good ones or bad ones, everything is being apreciated!
If you do not want to post here, you may also do it via email:
[email protected]
Thank you!

B2N2
20th Jan 2004, 00:57
ASG-jet is an outfit that sells SIC time in Lears.
They quoted me $27000 for like 800 hrs.
But it's all SIC no PIC. Makes you wonder what they have you do:
seatwarmer?button pusher?knob twister?
They promise to hire you at the end as a captain if they like you and you fit the company profile. Guess what, I don't think that anybody does.
Besides what kind of visa do they put you on?
M1=student visa not allowed to work.
J1=student visa allowed to work in field of training but you can only get a J1 if you start out from scratch so not flying Lears.
Any other sort of visa will set you back thousands(!) of dollars.
$30/hr for a Lear seems to be a tremendous deal but you're still paying for the job.
Anybody else any comments?

sharksucker
20th Jan 2004, 22:32
Now they are asking for 38.000 EUR for 1000hrs..
They tell you it will be done on a M1 visa. You will get an allowance of USD 1,50 per dutyhour, duty is 24hrs a day (standby). This they tell is max which is allowed to pay on a M1.
The story with the SIC sounds not to nice, isnīt it possible to log PIC, as soon youīre the sole manipulating the flightcontrols? According part 135.243 you can act as a PIC under VFR if you have a minimum of 500h TT and under IFR with more than 1200TT..

Can it be true, that the insurance companies ask for about USD 50.000 a year more if a commuter aircraft is flown with a SIC which has less than 1200hrs TT ?

They tell you, if getting hired as a captain, they will either sponsor you to get your working visa, or employ you outside US..
Do the flown hrs count for my JAA licence?
Any comments welcome!

skyman68
21st Jan 2004, 03:56
DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS GUY. ALL I CAN SAY!

sharksucker
21st Jan 2004, 04:47
@skyman68:

Do you have any experience with this guy?
If you do not want to talk about this in the board, would be great if you could contact me via PM!
Thanx!

skyman68
22nd Jan 2004, 06:06
this man is from norway, and used to deal with ameriflight. not sure of that. on their lear 25.
I have heared lot of complaints of guys who didnt finish the training.in fact I have not heared one good thing, so I suggest you to stay away from :pay to work.

B2N2
22nd Jan 2004, 19:57
OK FAR 135.243...bear with me here,
"No certificate holder may use a person, nor may any person serve as pilot in command in passenger carrying operations----------------------------unless that person holds if required an appropriate type-rating.
FAR part 61.31(a) "Type ratings required":
A person who acts as PIC of any of the following aircraft must hold a type rating for that aircraft:
1.Large aircraft (except lighter-than-air)
2.TURBO-JET POWERED airplanes !!!
3.Other aircraft specified by the administrator.

So you'll need a type rating on whatever Lear you'll be flying.

Guess that's not part of the program and since when do the fly Lears on these kinds of operations VFR?
That's more for 135 ops in places like Alaska where's there is a very limited amount of airports with instrument approaches.
For the record thought the guy was Dutch, their contact info was in Holland (2 years ago).

skyman68
24th Jan 2004, 07:30
I am litte out of date about this guy. this was 5-6 years ago,when he tried to enroll me in a part 135 training on Lear.
Me? pay a guy to work?, pay me first, then we will discuss!

fly2fly
27th Jan 2004, 06:16
I don't know what to think either...
It's M1 visa
Otto is in Holland
price is 38000€ / 1000h FO in Lear
no type rating, FO FAR135 training only
allowance can change with the base

a friend of mine even sent me their contract!

sharksucker
27th Jan 2004, 17:49
There wonīt be a typerating, just a SIC check.. As far I understood SIC for the complete Lear series and the Hawker 125.. Problem without type is you will get trouble for recognition of your hours in your Jar licenece. So itīs useless, if you wnat to apply in Europe after ?
Read the terms and conditions carefully, there are quite a few cases the can throw you out of the program (i.e. you are twice responsible for delay, you fail repatedly a check...) but not mentioned to refund you some money in this case..
Itīs discribed what your preflight and postflight duties are, but nothing said about inflight.. Just sitting there during flight? Brings probably some hours, but now experience...
Nothing in the contract to confirm you could keep on flying after the 1000hrs..
I could go on here, but the main reason to stay away for me is the fact you donīt do a type..
So far: Anybody some Ideas about better programs?
Any Ideas about the programs with the following companies:
-eaglejet
-Alpine Air Express
-TAB Express International
-Gulfstream Academy
-Ameriflight
-Mesa
-Colgan
-DAT in Denmark (found this in an elder thread..)

My goal is to get a TR and 500hrs on type, preferebly on the B 1900..
O.k., changed my mind, before I wanted to do the Lear, but thatīs another story.
So long..

B2N2
28th Jan 2004, 01:36
Sorry don't know much about the other ones.....

number
28th Jan 2004, 21:04
Please feel free to give me some aspects, good ones or bad ones

Just another seller of promises/type ratings companies ;)
Do a research in this forum and you'll find some interesting infos