PDA

View Full Version : Construction of an Inflight Aid in VB

Luca_brasi
19th Jan 2004, 05:04
Hey guys,

I'm currently working on a little project in Visual Basic (I know its a load of crap but thats all I can program) which will allow me to run a Flight Log on my PDA while in flight and also have it as a pre flight tool for Weight and Balance calculations. All headings and distances will be worked out the old way this will just be a different way of presenting it and working with it in the cockpit. But I have run into a few snags and have come to ask to share the knowledge of those more knowledgable than myself.

1) Does anyone know where I could get the code to do the wind calculations from a flight computer?? One section of this program will be that you insert the track, variation, wind and TAS and it will work out your heading, GS and time interval but at the moment I haven't got the faintest idea how to start it.

2) Take off and Landing Calculations. Again has this ever been done before and is there someone who has a working copy that I may be able to "borrow"?? One of my more intelligent computer friends is giving it a try stating that as they are (mainly) straight lines you should be able to just use a straight line formula for all the values. Any other ideas or possible ways to do it?

3) How do you make additions to Time values? In this instance you have your Time Departed and then enroute you enter your GS and distance to run and it calculates your new time interval. How can this be then added to the departed time to give you an ETA??

4) I am also having problems copying details from the planning page to the log page. Everything has been saved as a variable but then won't display on the next page. This may require having a look at my code in which case I am happy to send what I have done to anybody who may be able to help.

Thats pretty much it for the moment, though I am sure the further I get into it the more problems I will have.

Thanks in advance to all who can help!! :)