PDA

View Full Version : Air Berlin

candoo
18th Jan 2004, 20:41
Just been notified that my Air Berlin flight AB8941 - STN-DTM has been cancelled next week. I have a number of other flights booked with Air Berlin over coming months on the same route.

Can anyone in the know tell me if I should reconsider travel options?

For what it's worth I am lowly SLF who happens to travel to Germany fairly frequently.

Cheers

EFP058
19th Jan 2004, 06:55
Do you know why it has been cancelled? I happen to live in Dortmund, and Air Berlin is quite a common sight here, plus they seem to be doing just fine, healthy and all. Hence I donīt think reconsidering travel options is necessary, I rather suspect thereīs something wrong with this one particular flight.

BEST L/CONTROLLER
19th Jan 2004, 19:16
Just so you know, it won't be neccessary for you to re-consider your travel options, I do know that Air Berlin have had a couple of crewing probs with sickness and also a lack of crews, they are growing rapidly is air berlin and they have probably had a crew shortage on your flt, just double check with the airline.

This is common in the aviation industry for airlines to canx flts due to crewing,

Hope this helps ya!

CHEERS!!!!!!!!!;)

candoo
22nd Jan 2004, 18:31
Thanks for previous replies.

Have just been advised though that same flight is cancelled on 18th Feb. Guess there is a problem with them filling seats, accepting this can be a problem with low cost carriers (and others but better alternate options) I will have to revert to booking the old expensive BA/LH Dusseldorf flights for reliability purposes for business trips.

What does cause a problem is I also planned to use this carrier for personal travel to Germany and Alicante and "late" cancellations leave me having to pay considerably more at shorter notice with other carriers.

Have never had this problem with Ryan or Easy - is it a frequent occurrence?

Cheers!

BEST L/CONTROLLER
22nd Jan 2004, 19:27
I'm not sure if they can do that can they?? cancel a flt coz they are not filling the seats???

I new an airline who did this a few years ago, and the CAA were on to em,

It may have changed now but it definatley happened??

CHEERS!!!!!!!:ok:

candoo
6th Mar 2004, 08:04
Ladies and Gentlemen

Sweepstake ahead - as previously reported flights cancelled on me at last moment. Have on file flight to Dortmund again ths month bets please.......

Not taking the p*ss but scheduling must be really T*ts Up.

I would appreciate some solid information.

cheers

Boss Raptor
6th Mar 2004, 15:50
BLC is correct - you cant go around dropping rotations that are detailed in yr route licence - excuses such as crewing, operational etc. wear in the short term (you must have sufficient resources to fly your routes) but they do risk losing the route licence if they persist...UK DETR/CAA very hot on this one

Musket90
7th Mar 2004, 15:34
Looking at their schedule they appear to be dropping the STN - Dortmund route from mid-April. Perhaps up to then selected flights are cancelled when expected loads are very low.

PAXboy
7th Mar 2004, 22:01
Start up airlines, in the first year or two of ops, have been kn own to have aircraft go tech at short notice. Then pax are shipped on the next rotation - which still might not be anywhere near full.:hmm:

However, in my experience, this is limited to the early years - or the last years, if it comes to it!