PDA

View Full Version : Jet joyflights ex MEB

Buster Hyman
18th Jan 2004, 19:24
Can anyone tell me if there are any operators doing joyflights in "fighter" jets ex Essendon? Tried a web search, but probably didn't have the right combination.

Cheers. :ok:

Keg
18th Jan 2004, 22:05
I don't know about Essendon Buster but if you try Fighter Pilot (http://www.fighterpilot.com.au/JC_index.htm) then that should give you a start. They operate out of Pt Cook I think. Web site looks pretty cool.

Good luck and don't forget to post piccies if you go for it.

Regards,

GA Driver
19th Jan 2004, 05:45
Buster don't think you'll find anything like that out of MEB, as i believe the residents complained too much about the noise and pluuuuuumes of smoke! (of only they understood...:hmm: :hmm: )

As Keg suggested try Point cook they do all sorts of things out there including mustang joyflights. I understand the guy who used to do these flights at MEB now operates out of YBLT.

Hope that helps
Cheers,
GA Driver

Bevan666
19th Jan 2004, 06:14
I did the fighter pilot thing in 2002 - I think I was their first paying customer. It was quite a buzz and even got some stick time.

We did a simulated bombing run on a small island near the port phillip heads, then I was very lucky and did some formation work with a Harvard (barrel rolls around it and mock attacks - this was to film the promo video.) I didnt stop grinning for days.

Pictures can be found here (http://www.bja.com.au/~bevan/Strikemaster/index.html)

Bevan..

Buster Hyman
19th Jan 2004, 06:29
Keg.
I was thinking of sending the Missus up for her birthday, but I don't see any suicide missions on the web site!:E: Only kidding.

GA Driver.
I asked about MEB as it's close by & I read an article some time back about one of these mobs & it was clearly from MEB. Must be as you say & the locals had them removed!:mad:

Bevan.
Nice photos. Was that a piece of diced carrot on your mike???;) :p

I wonder if there's a Prooner discount?:}

Bevan666
19th Jan 2004, 09:05
I'll say I came close but didnt need the baggie...

:)

Bevan..

Max Range
19th Jan 2004, 10:11
Buster,
Jet Fighter "ultimate aerobatic flights" out of Ballarat were advertised in Saturday's Age newspaper. Tel: 5339 2769
www.austjetadv.com
You are obviously not employed in G.A. if you can afford one of these - have heard they are very exxy. (If the operators are reading this can I have a free flight as a spotter's fee?)
;)

Buster Hyman
19th Jan 2004, 10:56
Thanks Max & quite correct, I'm not in GA, but there's not many mainline jobs that can cover it either, nowadays!:( :sad: :{

Bevan.:yuk:
Well done!;)

ftrplt
19th Jan 2004, 13:44
Buster,

recommend Fighter Pilot, know them personally.

I woldnt fly with any of the others myself!