View Full Version : Qantas Cabin Crew Team Managers

vdd
18th Jan 2004, 16:29
Hi all

This is really for those wanting to advance to a more senior level and leave the flying to others.

QF have advertised for Qantas Cabin Crew Team Managers. Visit www.michaelpage.com.au

Sounds like it could be interesting. It also mentions that it is for permanent positions.

OZcabincrew
18th Jan 2004, 19:15
Hi All

Just out of general interest, does anyone know where these positions are to be based?

Left2primary
18th Jan 2004, 20:20
The jobs are available in all QF longhaul bases.

If past experience is anything to go by these positions will have a 4/5 year life expectancy, max.

Thats how long it will be before a regime change occurs in QF longhaul cabin crew management.

We then get a "new broom", mass sackings and more " geniuses" reinventing the wheel. :ok:

Personally, I would rather stick pins in my eyes.

Q-Tee
19th Jan 2004, 01:05
They are combining the current Longhaul/Shorthaul Line Manager & Performance Development Manager positions. You have to give up your wings (ie to get back into flying you would have to reapply), take a pay cut (the pay is only $68,000.00 - flat, and work 40 hour weeks.

I cant see that many crew applying ! I think QF knows this, and that is why they advertised externally as well as internally!

But it may be an option for some who dont want to fly anymore. I agree with what has been said though, middle management ( such as these positions) have a short life expectancy at QF it seems.

604chic
19th Jan 2004, 11:46
Hi y'all

Why would sticking pins in your eyes be more fun than supporting the Flight Attendants on a daily basis? Are they that difficult to deal with?? They can't be that bad surely. Or is the management that drives everyone nuts?

Aren't there already people doing these roles though? Are they being re-shuffled or do they have to re-apply for their jobs?

Cart_tart
19th Jan 2004, 16:58
How bout them flying jobs??
Anyone got anynews on those?!!! - And don't say Jetconnect in AKL or i'll scream!
;)

capt cynical
19th Jan 2004, 18:11
Less Peanuts = Dumber Monkeys

Would we know the diffrerance !:ugh:

Left2primary
19th Jan 2004, 20:36
604 Chic,

I guess that "supporting" flight attendants on a daily basis wouldnt be such a bad job.

Especially if you prefer the stick rather than the carrot approach when dealing with people. A, soon to be back flying, line manager has indicated that crew will be seeing lots more of the stick.

Cabin crew managment seem hell bent on control at all cost when it comes to cabin crew.Their "Orwellian" desire is fear driven of course but Ive often wondered why?

QF longhaul crew consistently rate just below the benchmark carriers in our region who ALL operate the 744 A/C, as an example, with 2, 3 and sometimes 4 more crew.

The people that I work with, almost without exception, want nothing more than to provide the best experience posible for our customers without being harrassed because their pony tail "might" be too long, etc etc.
I female F/A had hers measured with a ruler the other day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So if control over others is what gets you off, the job might be just what you are looking for.

Are cabin crew hard to deal with?????
Well.....Providing they are treated fairly and reasonably I would suggest not.
However.....Treat them like fools, idiots or unfairly and you may think otherwise.

Is it managment that drives everone nuts????

You mean the empire building, back stabbing, sycophantic , "yes men/women" riding on the backs of operational staff.

Dont even start me!!!!

Yes, there are already people doing these roles however their jobs have been reclassified.

If they want to remain with QF they must reapply for the new [same] positions on less money and as far as line managers are concerned[far less money ,they were paid far more than a flying CSM and were home in bed every night!!!! ] without the job protection provided by being CSM's.
Hense the position's life expectancy being only until the next regime change. [4 years]

Cheers

Having said all that, QF crew managment are without peer when it comes to assistance and support during times of bereavement.

:ok: