PDA

View Full Version : Gulf Air interviews

canuck32
18th Jan 2004, 08:42
Can anyone help me?? I have a Gulf Airway interview for 320 F/O, and was wondering what the interview is like. Is there a sim session? Any pointers? How do the guys like Bahrain, and the company in general?

krotch
18th Jan 2004, 12:07
Hey Canuck32

I have had an application in with GF for the A320 F/O for awhile. I was wondering what kind of hours you have and do you have an A320 type rating? Also where is your interview at?
Thanks
Krotch

canuck32
18th Jan 2004, 20:45
Hey Hutch;
Yes I am endorsed on type and have 2500 plus on type. Interview is in Bahrain. Good Luck

4HolerPoler
19th Jan 2004, 02:26
Always a good start to know the correct name of the company you intend to work for; it's Gulf Air, not Airways.

Good luck with the interview; if you're looking for an interesting job that will open new opportunities for you, then this is a good one. Be respectful in the interview and you'll have a fighting chance.

4HP

bugs bunny
20th Jan 2004, 02:26
hi there,
I also have an interview coming up soon.
How is the company doing now?
I heard they had some troubles in the past couple of years and hope they are going to get better.
Any hint on rosters and salary for 320 drivers?
Cheers,
Bugs

bugs bunny
22nd Jan 2004, 22:54
Hi all!
Come on! anyone can tell me something about A320 drivers condition in GF?
And, of course, how's living in Manama?
Any help on interviews also very much appreciated.
Thanks a lot.
Cheers, Bugs

CaptSnails
26th Jan 2004, 05:32
For all you guys and galls contemplating GF I can assure you you could easily do much worse. GF is a great team of dedicated people who stick together and come through. We work hard but we also play hard and enjoy every minute.

The new management team is taking us to new hights and I for one have great confidence in their abilities. If you seek a long term prosperous career in aviation forget EK, forget QR (God forbid) we're the one's to watch. By the way I'm not management nor am I a local, I'm just your old Joe Bloggs expat line captain that's backing the team to win, and we will.

Keep pushing James, you're doing one hell of a job mate.
Cheers
Snails.

Bagshaw Crusher
26th Jan 2004, 20:51
Snails

Good on you. That is positive stuff but do remember you are a Captain. These guys are F/Os.

Why are so many leaving Gulf Air? ALL Expats I talked to before leaving were in the process of moving on.

I find your salesmanship perplexing if not a management type.

Interview Technique.

Know your FCOM. Stick to Airbus language and you will avoid being misunderstood on interview-human factors and the multi cultural flight deck etc.

Good luck.

CaptSnails
26th Jan 2004, 23:17
Bagshaw

As mentioned in another topic if an F/O is thinking of GF for a fast upgrade then he/she is knocking on the wrong door. However I believe that if they're looking for a long term career with one airline, GF offers a great chance to achieve one's goals in aviation.

Trouble is that a large percentage of F/O's want command and want it now. Personally I feel that good long term career prospects are much more important than command.

To all the guys and galls in the interview process I wish you the best of luck, be yourselves and have confidence in your abilities.

Cheers
Snails

chrispatrickGA
30th Jan 2004, 16:59
Hello guys,

Well I have just succeeded in GA selection and to tell the true , no tough questions , no particuliar difficulties during the interview
are going to be served to you...
As you can notice easily my english level is not yours guys...but I managed to cope even with the english comprehension test which is one of the four psychotechnical tests they purpose.
Just be straight forward during the interview and do revise your A320 ATAs for 100 questions involving the aircraft.

What else? the A320 chief pilot is definetely a good guy , who knows how to brake the ice if you don't feel confortable during the interview.
I am not saying that the whole process of selection is...a piece of cake but really not a hell on earth!

Good luck to all of you.