PDA

View Full Version : QR Capt Deported

gulf-crew
18th Jan 2004, 05:44
Hey guys/girls

Any truth to the rumour that a A300 captain has been deported with family for irregularities on his licenses.

This should be a interesting one

GC

strength
22nd Jan 2004, 22:21
MMMMMMMMMMMMM, that's interesting GC - I heard that some time ago around the year 2000 that a Turkish captain was deported for not having been fully qualified as a captain.

Some of the stories from F/Deck crew themselves are enough to put the fear of hell into anyone - Apparently (5 weeks ago) a captain refused to take-off in rain because he was too scared (in Doha). I was on a flight recently when the captain was scared of turbulence near the Maldives.

Some of my F/Deck crew buddies have told me that there are a few Qataris flying as F/O's with very little experience.....now that's worrying !!!!!!!!!

mutt
23rd Jan 2004, 01:43
Some of my F/Deck crew buddies have told me that there are a few Qataris flying as F/O's with very little experience.....now that's worrying !!!!!!!!!

Strangely enough some of my flightdeck buddies told me that EK/SV and even some of European airlines like EI/BA have people flying as F/O's with very little experience...... What is the world coming to??????? :):)

Mutt

411A
24th Jan 2004, 12:11
....and even (shock, horror) actually land the aeroplane from time to time. Whatever next?:ooh: :ooh: :ooh: :ooh: :E

jet4hire
26th Jan 2004, 02:49
QR Flight Deck are very qualify! that's just room-drinking party rumors and Cabin crew gassip!:yuk:

I like to see you taking a Check-ride!:E

Bang
26th Jan 2004, 05:52
How can I afford to say if they are qualified or not when I dont know head or tail of the requirements to be a good pilot??!!:p

However,having been in the Aviation buisness for over 10 years and knowing bits about whats going on and their behaviour, I am at times sad to admit few of them act like like kids in Public and wonder how they really fly an air craft.

Also.most of the time I hear,Captains screeming at F/O' in flight deck :ugh: ...........again wonder why????:uhoh:

menard
26th Jan 2004, 14:33
Ya Ya Ya Bang,

Go serve your coffee, it must be really good after 10 years...

Bang
26th Jan 2004, 19:31
After 10 years coffee is very cold and I am looking for something very hot these days,hence I am on the forum! hehehe:D

pinkparts
27th Jan 2004, 14:31
jet4hire

I feel your comments are somewhat inane and of questionable sense and value. I realise English may not be your mother tongue and appreciate your efforts but still have difficulty understanding your point.

A300Man
27th Jan 2004, 15:58
Methinks a tad harsh Pink!

Qatari515
2nd Feb 2004, 22:44
This captain was deported because he was reported by a sorry a$$ F/O with 6 months on the line who tought his commander was not professional enough!!!!

Just to show you, we are all here on temporary contracts!!!:yuk: