PDA

View Full Version : AAE (Portugal-Evora)

jim02
17th Jan 2004, 16:36
Hello all,

I already posted this topic before but now in the right section :O

I'll introduce myself first, I'm Jim, 29 years old and looking around what possibilities there are to do a pilot training in Europe. I'm interested in the training AAE in Portugal/Evora, they're a subholding of CAE and work together with the dutch pilot training the NLS. The school is brand new and they do not have a yet well established name in the field, knowing there are so many schools in Europe around. They're fully JAR FCL approved, all that for a nice competive price comparing with the schools in north Europe.
They do not have much experience with foreign students so that's why I ask here if someone is familiar with the school AAE and their selection fase I have to do next monday.
The selection will take place in Lissabon at;

LABORATÓRIO
Av. 5 de Outubro, 70 - 3º
1050 - 059 LISBOA 9 (Infoteste-Centro de Estudos e Diagnóstico Psicológico Computorizado)

I know my age could be a problem, at least even more risky knowing the current market and 'speculations' of the near future. That's why I'd like to limit the costs, certainly if schools offers the same for a much lower price. Less financial pressure/obligations is without doubt much better besides all other strains/worries for a upcoming pilots..

If someone knows anything about the psycho-motor tests in Lissabon or has any recommendations on this school/organisation, I would be grateful to hear it from you. Anything is welcome!
Sincerely,
jim

Odlix
18th Jan 2004, 01:46
That's where I took my first psychological assessment. The head guy is very nice so no problem during the interview. The rest is the usual. Typical "IQ-like" tests and coordination with lights and sounds, pedals and buttons, etc.

AAE: I heard very good things about it and now that Portugal is issuing JAR FCL licenses it is probably a very good bet. The fact that NLS picked it as a partner is a good indication.