PDA

View Full Version : LTN - SFB/MCO

FormerFlyer
17th Jan 2004, 16:14
A friend at MON has heard on the internal grapevine that there is going to be a summer LTN - Orlando. However they can't get any def. info on it or who the charterer is.

Anyone here got any more solid info on this?

cheers ;)

FF

XL ONE
17th Jan 2004, 22:33
just wanderin, what's the largest a/c that can operate out of Luton to Orlando?

fmgc
17th Jan 2004, 22:38
THe MON A330's have done the LTN SFB a few years back.

Monde
18th Jan 2004, 05:01
MON not doing a LTN-SFB this year . I did hear that the new buildings being built at the end of 26 (Capability Green) are so large that they impact the "cone" meaning that there was such a performance degradation that the 330 cannot get there direct with a full pax load - this might have something to do with it!!

TightSlot
18th Jan 2004, 14:49
762/3 can hack it I believe, but a dry runway and a lot if kids are always welcome.

LTNman
18th Jan 2004, 15:30
“I did hear that the new buildings being built at the end of 26 (Capability Green) are so large that they impact the "cone" meaning that there was such a performance degradation that the 330 cannot get there direct with a full pax load”

I find that hard to believe. The British Aerospace building is big but not in height only width. The building is no taller than the existing buildings that sit at the top end of Capability Green that have been there for years. Lets not forget that the building is also 2.1km from the end of the runway

Monde
18th Jan 2004, 17:02
This is only what i've heard from MON's performance people and may not be the "gospel"! Don't forget though that the NTOFP extends way beyond 2.1 km and any obstacles in it however small will affect take-off performance.. Anyone from LLIA know the definitive answer??