PDA

View Full Version : An 12's in Loki

ClearReverse
17th Jan 2004, 03:09
Been hearing rumours that the L382's in Loki are being replaced by An12's. Has anybody seen any Antonov's or are the Herc's still flying? Best of luck to anybody living in either Kate camp or the Turkana village if the 12's get it wrong.

:eek:

RichardWolfe
17th Jan 2004, 21:36
Its true, have heard from credible sources at WFP in Khartoum that they will be taking over from the Hercs to do the food drops. Will be intereresting to see how it goes. Apparantley they come in cheaper and have guaranteed a higher dispatch rate so I guess only time will tell...

fireitup
22nd Jan 2004, 17:56
Our Russian comrades have trouble getting out of HSSS in the morning (+12'c)
Hate to see what happens with afternoon dispatches out of loki with a few tons of grain on board! Hope it's not another Wau waiting to happen! Hell... best of luck to them.

Rich...rotation on sunday in the 90 is on, no word who??? me or jk...enjoy the nile/bells...see you sunday.

Fire:ok:

Solid Rust Twotter
23rd Jan 2004, 15:24
Well, if they cock it up off 09 it'll give the nurses at Lopitoff a blerry skrik. :E

It remains to be seen if they can do the job better than a Herc or is the UN up to their old tricks again? Cut costs so there's more money available for big salaries for the pilots of the mahogany bombers.

Have the AN12s got roller floors? Last time I was in one they all had wood floors. Gonna be interesting watching the engineer sweat as he runs to the ramp and back with a sack over each shoulder ....:ok:

Another example of p*** poor planning from our lords and masters in Noo Yawk!

ClearReverse
23rd Jan 2004, 18:18
Thanks for the replies guys but is there anybody in Loki who has seen our East European comrades or is this as has been stated before another piece of UN/WFP disinformation. The 12's are supposed to be dropping 12 TONS???? of grain from a non-palletised system? and are reputedly quicker, cheaper and better. If the russians are'n't there who is doing the work at the moment.

:confused:

Cardinal Puff
24th Jan 2004, 20:52
Same old TransAfrik crowd, old boy! Last I was there about a month or two back they were still in action on a short term basis and waiting for the axe to fall.