PDA

View Full Version : Getting a job on a UK working holiday visa

papee
17th Jan 2004, 00:51
Hi all.

My question is to those in the know. I am currently in the UK on a working holidaymaker's visa and that allows me to work for 2yrs on any job. I have also a passport that allows me to travel freely across the EU.

Can someone tell me if anyone would hire me on this sort of visa? I'm looking for a response from someone who has experience of this sort of thing 'cos I have heard of similar Aussie and Kiwi pilots being successful in their search for a job in the UK.

I've got
- a JAA CPL/IR with a frozen ATPL
- 300hrs of flying experience on props, widebody and small jets

Thanks.

skyman68
17th Jan 2004, 22:11
you can not work on a tourist visa in Europe. Do not waste your time to look for a job, look for a nice EU chikita, make lot of babies, then we will give you a job. :p

scroggs
18th Jan 2004, 06:45
Firstly, limit your posts to one forum - or you'll lose them all!

Secondly, I'd check whether the 'working holiday' visa may only apply to UK, so you may not be able to work in other parts of the EU even though you can travel there. As to whether you could get a flying job will rather depend on how prepared you are to do the rounds of the air-taxi, night freight or other organisations that might possibly want relatively temporary labour. I would have thought your chances may be slim, but I'm sure there are those out there who can prove me wrong!

Scroggs