PDA

View Full Version : Re-deployment Offshore

ambidextrous
17th Jan 2004, 00:45
Recently laid-off (Nigeria) expat.offshore heli-driver with a shedload of multi-turbine IFR time and a moribund CPL/A looking for alternative opportunities within the Caribbean theatre. Any info./help appreciated. Regards, ambidextrous

bell4can
17th Jan 2004, 10:01
no much action that I know of in the offshore sector in the Carribean. National Helicopters out of Trinidad is using a few S76..Bristow? (they used to be there).
CHC has an office in Barbados (check www.chc.ca) but I have no idea of an operation in that area (they do operate in Venezuela though).
Bajan helicopters is a small operator in Barbados..some time ago they wera looking for a driver for a AS365 and they have been (past) involved in offshore (check their website www.bajanhelicopters.com).
And there are a few operators doing mainly sightseeing tours like St Lucia Helicopters (St Lucia) for instance....

In comparison there are many fixed wing operators...

Out of curiosity are you an ex from Schreiner (Aerocontractors) , Bristow...?

Good luck in your search

Captain Stable
17th Jan 2004, 16:46
Is there still a helo link between ANU and MNI?

Cathar
19th Jan 2004, 02:28
Last I heard the link between Montserrat and Antigua was still operating (Bajan helicopters I think). However, work on the new aerodrome at Geralds Park should has started and the helicopter service is likely to cease when it is opened