PDA

View Full Version : vanautu

air med
16th Jan 2004, 22:19
Is there a third level operation out of Vanautu.
If anyone knows, what and if there is can they let me know, what aircraft they are using and who is the Chief Pilot.
Thanks

Kaptin M
17th Jan 2004, 01:31
Try stuffed fruit bat, and coconut crab (2xseperate dishes)......then learn to spell Van-U-A-Tu, and pronounce it the same...Van....ooo...aaa....too.

The place is a tropical paradise - but for heaven's sake, do just a little bit of research before you post!!

DIVINE WIND
17th Jan 2004, 06:54
Air med,
check your PM's

:cool:

air med
17th Jan 2004, 10:22
Kaptin M
Where you beaten up as a child by your folks.Always have a smart answer.
Why dont you do us all a big favour

Chocks Away
17th Jan 2004, 16:58
I'm with Kaptin M,

Too many sprogs don't do the research before posting a question, when it is quite easily resourced elsewhere... maybe a sign of the times?

Keep the blue up anyway.:ok:

Le Pilot
17th Jan 2004, 20:57
Australia, is that in China?
A good ole boy in Lake Tahoe asked one day:O

Answer: Sorta, just a bit further south.

If you need the job, then get it right.

Next Generation
18th Jan 2004, 05:44
air med

Great sort of pilot you would make. You have to take criticism squarely on your shoulders.

Would you apply to QUANTIS or VERGIN BLUE ?

Kaptin M is correct in pointing out your error, and if you chose to look at his comments the right way, it might make a difference in the success or otherwise of your applications.

air med
18th Jan 2004, 18:53
I take the point.
I will bow out of this one

m-dot
22nd Jan 2004, 12:06
KA BOOM!

And another one bites the dust

Poto
22nd Jan 2004, 21:14
What exactly is a "Third level operation"?:confused:

chimbu warrior
23rd Jan 2004, 09:03
Poto...............maybe it is one that always operates below 5,000 feet!

Torres
23rd Jan 2004, 09:17
Poto. In ancient times when the sole two airlines permitted to operate domestically in Australia made healthy pofits; pilots were happy, generally wore moustaches and were exempt from jury duty (http://scaletext.law.gov.au/html/pastereg/0/173/0/PR001930.htm); Hosties were reasonably good looking, all wore skirts and "retired" before 30 years of age (some time before being describes as a "bunch of old boilers"); Qantas still operated four round engines to Norfolk Island (ahhh, those big Pratt radials on the DC4); cameras could be banned on domestic flights (http://scaletext.law.gov.au/html/pastereg/0/173/0/PR000230.htm) and the ANO's and ANR's brought blissful sanity to commercial aviation under Examiners of Airmen, "authorised persons" (http://scaletext.law.gov.au/html/pastereg/0/173/0/PR000120.htm) who worked for "the Department", there was three levels of regular public transport operations:

First level - International Services

Second Level - Domestic trunk routes (air transport category aircraft > 12,500 pounds)

Third Level - Rural and Regional routes conducted by aircraft < 12,500 pounds, which did not qualify as "air transport category aircraft" but were permitted to operate under a dispensation to ANR 203 (ANR 211 in PNG.)

Geeze, I must be getting old............... :(

air med. To answer your question, Air Vanuatu and Van Air (http://www.pacificislands.com/airlines/vanuatu.html). Hope that helps. :ok: And don't get so offended when your chain gets pulled! :}

chimbu warrior
23rd Jan 2004, 10:21
.............and that was when Torres started wearing sandals with socks............

Torres
23rd Jan 2004, 12:50
............and Chimbu warrior still wore arse grass and hadn't yet graced the tail of an aircraft......... :}

OzExpat
23rd Jan 2004, 18:28
that was when Torres started wearing sandals with socks............
And a toga... :p

DIVINE WIND
23rd Jan 2004, 19:19
In ancient times.............and PNG lacked high fences, razor wire and pistols under pillows.:(

air med
24th Jan 2004, 08:51
Thanks Torres.
I was going to answer that but work got in the way for a few days.About the chains being pulled, it was a simplt typo and you get jumped on straight away.We all make mistakes sometimes,mine is when I use the bloody laptop with small keys.
But again thanks.
Might have to go far north to the land plenty of waterfalls and drink a few sp's at the madang club.
Bye all

Torres
25th Jan 2004, 07:00
I would be seriously surprised if the Madang Club still existed. In days of yore, the Goroka Sports Club used to be a top place for a coldie, but that passed into history over 20 years ago.

Is the Goroka Aero Club still operating?

air med. Van Air sort of grew out of Air Melanesiae, which was founded by one of nature's finest gentlemen during the days Vanuatu was the Condominium of New Hebrides - jointly governed by France and England. He originally wanted to register the airline as Condom Air, but the Pom's didn't have a sense of humour and refused to register the name.

To those who know the gentleman - the King of Tanna - he and his wonderful wife are living in retirement at Mount Tamborine, although somewhat feeble in recent years.

Northern Chique
25th Jan 2004, 07:45
At least he was attired in something! :))

air med
25th Jan 2004, 10:44
Torres
the madang Club still there.
I only left a couple of years ago.
it was nice to be able to have afew SP's out on the waterfront area.
Has anyone seen GH around the traps laterly.
Lookim

Torres
Goroka Areo bar still active.
I think Mal Smith owns it, if not he spends plenty of time there.
Plenty of SP's drowned there on a Friday night, waiting for the key draw.
lookim

tinpis
26th Jan 2004, 00:50
Where is the Madang club located?
My day was either the Madang hotel followed by dinner in the haus wind or the Smugglers.

Torres
26th Jan 2004, 05:04
tinpis. I don't recall where it was, only went there a couple of times maybe 25 - 30 years ago. About all I vaguely remember is what the bar looked like.

I thought you were based Madang? I'd be surprised if there was a watering hole you didn't know! :}

tinpis
26th Jan 2004, 07:13
I was based madang 32 years ago buggard if I can remember it ???
Ahh..ah...hang on a minit ...was it on the harbour entrance near Peanut Butters boozer??? If so I believe it was for the use of mere mortals such as Bank Johnies and assorted cus cus.

Lusimtingting
27th Jan 2004, 14:38
Kaptin M

By the way , it's spelt 'separate' not 'seperate'.
Looks like you could also polish up your spelling skills.

early2
27th Jan 2004, 16:01
It could be just like the ones we used to see in the east kimberley.:sad:

great to watch:ok:

OzExpat
27th Jan 2004, 16:03
canned fish... the only place that I'm aware of, in the location that you described ("was it on the harbour entrance near Peanut Butters boozer???") is, in fact, the Madang Resort Hotel. Aka Peanut Butters boozer.

I've heard people talk about the Madang Club but never been there. Or do you actually mean the Madang Golf Club. I've had an occasional jar in there... it has a sea view (I think), but is south (or thereabouts) of the Madang Resort.

tinpis
28th Jan 2004, 08:49
Ta Ozex...yup the Golf club was always there but I can recall a bar on the waterfront nearer to the Madang town centre.
Probably long gone:(

air med
28th Jan 2004, 18:41
Fellows
The Madang club is alive and kicking.
You all close on location.
It is on the left hand side of Coast Watchers road before the turn off to the Madang resort.
It still has the area facing the water. If sitting there you are watching the F28 of PX on final for 18.
Its also is the home for 5 days of the Fishing Regatta held every 4 yrs.
Last one held there 2000.Plenty of terrific boats and plenty of SP drowned.
lookim

Spotlight
28th Jan 2004, 22:18
Crikey, how hard can it be. The Madang Cub is on Coastwathers Ave (not Rd), cross the bridge but prior to the CWA and Lutheren Memorial Church on the right turn left. (past the Govenors Light) and you are there. Go to far and you are at the Madang Resort.

The Madang Game Fishing Club (very financial) leases the premises from the Madang Club for certain purpose's, however that is the Madang Club as it is today.

Hey this SP smells funny. What should I do?

air med
29th Jan 2004, 10:42
10 out of 10 for that.
Spot on.
lookim

tinpis
29th Jan 2004, 11:02
Spotlight it slowly coming back I can remeber the little bridge and the CWA and of course the coastwatcher memorial i guess thats still there? but in my time the Madang club wasnt used much at all by pilots if at all.Probably because they didnt want riff raff in it.

I wonder if the old Plantation Hotel still goin up the harbour a bit?Fun dodgin the falling coconuts on the drive up and back.

Spotlight
29th Jan 2004, 13:25
air med

Check your PMs re job in Vanuatu.