PDA

View Full Version : KAH very active today!

Buster Hyman
16th Jan 2004, 08:29
Just sitting here looking out of my office window & watching all the little birdies coming into KAH. Good to see. Should be more of it IMHO.

If there's any chopper pilots on proon, what's it like to land there...and would you show me?;) :ok:

Whiskery
17th Jan 2004, 17:17
Buster, where the f**k is KAH ?:O

Kaptin M
17th Jan 2004, 17:26
It was Malaysian Airlines' 3 letter code for Kaoshiung, Taiwan - you ain't there are ya, Buster?
Kalgoorlie?

Whiskery
17th Jan 2004, 17:34
Correct Kap, but what would Buster be doing sitting in an office in down town Kaoshing watching little birdies coming in ?

This has 'gotta be code :confused: Kalgoorlie ? - KG or YPKG ?

Come on Buster what are you up to ?

Desert Dingo
17th Jan 2004, 18:08
You can lookup IATA codes here (http://www.jetliners.net/iataicaocodedatabase.php) and all will be revealed. :ok:

Buster Hyman
17th Jan 2004, 18:22
Good one DD!:ok:

I'm suprised I got the Kaptin with it, but absolutely flabbergasted that Whiskery didn't know it, especially where he's from!;) I got to TPE though Kaptin, strange but interesting place...nice little park "he" built for himself there!:rolleyes: Didn't get out of the capital but I imagine the rest of it's all rock!

Kaptin M
17th Jan 2004, 19:01
Yep, you got me good on that one, Buster!

TPE...interesting...hmmm...I guess so.
Great Peking duck at affordable prices - when you find a clean place :}

Taipei does NOTHING for me, but from the little bit of Taiwan I've seen outside Taipei, it's an improvement from the pollution and squalour in the most parts of the capital.

I've also been told that the number of poles outside a barber's shop doesn't indicate the skill of the cutter, but DOES let the intending client know how many EXTRA services are available :cool:

lame
18th Jan 2004, 04:01
Not again Buster. ;)

The last time you did this, it took them weeks to find out. :ok:

Whiskery
18th Jan 2004, 06:32
Oh sheeeet Buster :O - - - - Whirlybirds. (and you DID mention chopper pilots!)

Thanks DD:{

Buster Hyman
18th Jan 2004, 19:55
Lame.
Wasn't even fishing this time.

Kaptin.
Interesting from the perspective of a "modern" city with unmistakeable Asian influence. Like wide avenues that still have the washing hanging out the windows. (Not being critical, just fascinated me at the time!)

Didn't know about the barber shops!:eek: But after flying up on EVA in EYCL, I asked the local AN reps where a good place to get a massage was. Boy, took some time to convince them that my nickname wasn't Alpine!!!!!!:rolleyes: :}

Whiskery.
Don't take it too badly, I was wrong once as well!;)