PDA

View Full Version : Cost of Living in Sydney?

Mr Whippy
16th Jan 2004, 08:29
Looking at a job down there. I know it will be a lot more and there's far too many blues supporters:}, but can anyone give me a reasonable comparison with Brisbane?

What would rent on a 2 bedroom unit handy to Bankstown be roughly? A middle class area would be fine - not a yuppie but I don't want to sleep with a iron bar under my bed either.

Cheers,
mw

EngineOut
16th Jan 2004, 11:25
no offece to anyone that lives out near BK. If you have been watching the news lately, you won't need an iron bar under your bed, just bullet proof windows...

Typical 2 bedroom flat out towards Bk would probably cost you $200/week

Farknel
17th Jan 2004, 08:06
May I suggest you find out for yourself by visiting:

Domain.com.au (http://domain.com.au)

This is a website run by the Fairfax Group - publishers of the Sydney Morning Herald. I did do a quick online check myself, and it seems that there is not much available at the moment.

Make sure you select areas such as - Condell Park, Georges Hall, Padstow and Yagoona in addition to Bankstown. The airport is actually closer to the suburbs of Condell Park and Georges Hall than it is to Bankstown.

There are some nice units in the area so don't despair, but be prepared to pay a good price if you want something nice. It is a well know fact that the average Sydney-sider spends a higher percentage of their income on accommodation than do people living in most other areas of Australia

Fark!