PDA

View Full Version : Paul Holmes gets lost AGAIN!!!

kavu
16th Jan 2004, 08:24
Holmes walks away from crash landing

11.00am
Broadcaster Paul Holmes has narrowly escaped disaster crash landing his plane on a farm near Taihape.

Flying his rare vintage Boeing Stearman bi-plane on Wednesday, Holmes was seen circling over Ngamatea Station on the top of the "Gentle Annie" between Napier and Taihape for several minutes before attempting what appeared to be an emergency landing.

After tracking diagonally across an undulating paddock the plane clipped a deer fence, spun around, skidded down an incline and came to rest hard up against the fence.

A section of the left wing was broken off and the plane also had damage to the right wing, tail and propeller.

Holmes, who was reportedly shaken but unhurt, said a very abrupt "see ya later" when phoned by Hawke's Bay Today this morning.

Sources said he appeared to have been lost and asked to know where he was once out of the plane.

Some were puzzled why he chose to land where he did as there were airstrips on the farm used by top-dressing planes.

After scaling a deer fence, Mr Holmes was given a ride into Hastings where he has been on holiday at his Poukawa home.

While Hawke's Bay was mainly covered in cloud at the time of the incident, the sky was clear around Ngamatea.

While it was unclear why Mr Holmes was forced to land on the isolated station, a Civil Aviation Authority spokesperson said he was aware of the incident and that it would be investigated.

He said it was standard procedure to look into minor incidents, find out what went wrong and take steps to avoid it happening again.

- HAWKE'S BAY TODAY

TAY 611
16th Jan 2004, 08:54
He should just stick to being a cheeky Pr!ck.
How many times is this now?
Sounds like a nice aircraft got busted up by someone with more money than brains..

currawong
16th Jan 2004, 15:18
Very community spirited, keeping so many people in work.

Media, recovery crew, insurance people, rebuild crew, remedial instruction, accident investigators...

Keeping the industry alive. Selfless. Thanks Paul.:ok:

prospector
16th Jan 2004, 15:42
You forgot the upholsterer to replace the buttons removed by rectum contractus, and the dry cleaners to rectify the stained trou.

Prospector

sirjfp
16th Jan 2004, 16:04
Who's Paul Holmes?..................any relation to John ??

troppo
16th Jan 2004, 16:48
was just watching nightline (3news)

'was making a precautionary landing after he spotted bad weather ahead...clipped a fence...'

:} :}

top stuff top gun!

Techo Taxi Driver
17th Jan 2004, 07:43
I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

The guy is a bloody idiot!!!!!!!!!

Cheeky Whitey

goathead
17th Jan 2004, 08:35
Paul

go and get someone to teach you how to do a proper forced landing and not from some clown who wouldnt have a clue .....a certain aero club in Queenstown has the appropiate features i.e a low flying area with a strip in it
maybe the CAA should take some of the blame for its incomplete PFLWP syllabus....and testing procedure that enables clowns like you loose without actually having done a real letdown in a paddock
:confused:

Runaway Gun
17th Jan 2004, 21:26
I'll bet there'll be a hot story on TV One about cheeky farmers who foolishly erect fences in foolhardy places. ;)

AerocatS2A
18th Jan 2004, 07:26
a certain aero club in Queenstown has the appropiate features i.e a low flying area with a strip in it.

Where's the low level area at Queenstown?

Yankee_Doodle_Floppy_Disk
20th Jan 2004, 09:18
coolguy Like to know where he did his training and the instructor who trained him , ?

They tried to sell him a Beech Baron while they were training him for his PPL.

The instructor went to Hong Kong a few years back. Not sure where he is now.

On Track
21st Jan 2004, 11:36
Aerocat,

Jardines is the low flying area I was taken to for a few circuits.

ALLBLACK
21st Jan 2004, 19:21
have e seen this monkey at NZAR flying out with a nother instructor ,,,