PDA

View Full Version : New Terminal to be Built at Liverpool?

dwlpl
16th Jan 2004, 00:39
With the next phase of terminal expansion at Liverpool due to open next month, the airport has turned to the following phase.

The current terminal has a planning ceiling of 4.5million passengers. The airport expects to reach that figure before the end of 2005.

The airport is now planning to either build another extension to the terminal or build a NEW one.

The new terminal, according to reports, may be built on land near to the new control tower on the opposite side of the runway from the current terminal.

Planning proposals are to be lodged with Liverpool City Council later this year.

Mouser
16th Jan 2004, 04:25
Nice to see even more investment at Liverpool, the present terminal is just about complete and already planing permission is going in for the next new terminal, must be much more growth in the pipeline, for the airport to expand even more.

eurostar builder
16th Jan 2004, 04:31
How many terminal do they want in there history.

Just wish Bournemouth had one.

bagpuss lives
16th Jan 2004, 05:41
Excellent news for all at EGGP :D

I also see that Air-Train have been offered some sort of deal now by Manchester Airport. It'll be interesting to see what comes of that.

dwlpl
16th Jan 2004, 05:44
.... are the details available to the public?

bagpuss lives
16th Jan 2004, 05:47
I wouldn't have thought so seen's as it's probably very commercially sensitive in nature.

Personally speaking I just can't see this "air-train" lark getting off the ground if you'll excuse the pun.