PDA

View Full Version : Hour Building experiences

Prophead
15th Jan 2004, 22:09
Does anyone have any hour building experiences to share or diaries online?

Im not after posts about the pros and cons of different schools, just about the actual flying and interesting places visited etc.

Im thinking of going to Florida in the spring to hour build and would like to hear anyone elses stories.

Prophead

FlyingForFun
15th Jan 2004, 22:18
Hmm, no diary, unfortunately. Lots of pictures, a few of them are on-line, but my firewall at work won't let me access them so I can't get you the URL right now. I'll try to post the URL at the weekend.

I had a fantastic time hour-building, though. At least party due to trying to do as many different things as possible. Managed to do the following:
Tail-wheel checkout
Complex checkout
10-hour aerobatics course
5 hours of dual multi-engine time. (No point getting the rating yet, because I can't afford to keep it current.)
Night qualification
IMC rating
Flew over some really beautiful scenery in SW USA
A couple of long cross-country trips to visit interesting tourist spots for a few of nights
Entered the Pooleys Dawn to Dusk competition, and came 3rd
Lots of other stuff!
If I could do it all again, I wouldn't change a thing. Except that I'd go somewhere other than the USA (Canada or S.A would be my top choices), simply because I did my CPL in the USA, and it would be nice to have had a chance to have flown in yet another country.

FFF
---------------

chris.debeer
15th Jan 2004, 22:39
I went off for a trip in 2001. Here is the story of that trip.
My 2001 flying holiday (http://myweb.absa.co.za/chris.debeer/2001_flying_holiday.htm)

The trip in 2003 ended in disaster when I broke my back after an engine failure after take off (at night!,) and the resulting forced landing in the bush. After five months, and major spinal surgery, I went back to work. I hope to get my medical back in the next few months, and then it's back to flying!

I will update my webpage this weekend, and hopefully post the story and pictures on it. I will send a link to this forum. Anyone who wants more details, can send email directly to me, [email protected]

Looking forward to reading other's stories.

Chris
May all your landings be intentional! ;)