PDA

View Full Version : Dysfunctional SA CAA

clipboard
15th Jan 2004, 20:00
The power struggles and the politics at the SA CAA has claimed another victim.

K.C. Marobela, the Senior Manager Legal Services and "Acting" Senior Manager Flight Safety, has been suspended from duty and told to go home on long leave pending an investigation.

The CAA is so :mad: up, its irrepairable. It's become totally dysfunctional due to in house power struggles, politics and back stabbing. Minister Omar should fire the entire Board because they have failed dismally at their task. Lack of aviation expertise and management skills are just two of the many factors that are prevailant at the CAA. Furthermore the "shut down" mentality of some officials are a definate hamper in getting civil aviation promoted in this Country.

Just about every single senior manager is in an "acting" capacity, and none of them are in a position to take key decisions and implement policy. They're all too scared of making the wrong decisions and then getting fired for it. Pitifull situation!

Trevor Abrahams left the CAA at the end of September 2003 and are no longer an employee of the CAA, but his name still appear on all the CAA stationary as their CEO, and his picture still features prominently on their web site where he handles a FAQ forum. How :mad: up is that? (Maybe the Board knows something we don't huh? ;))

Rumour has it that the CAA is divided in two camps. Those that are/were loyal to Abrahams, and the others that are loyal to Marobela. So now its a faction fight. One can only but wonder when the "ethnic cleansing" will start. Anything is possible I guess!:yuk:

B Sousa
16th Jan 2004, 12:19
Clipboard mentions :" ethnic cleansing" Its all well that things are changing in SA but should this happen to Aviation as has happened in many large Corporations, it wont be long before travel will slow down and problems increase. (problems translates to accidents) Air Carriers will treat the place like any of the other places, ie. ZIM etc.....
I already see problems based on the threads surrounding the Cape Helicopter situation. Money talks and Bullsh1t walks. Once the CAA becomes totally ineffective you can fly anything ........anytime......... with anybody and buy your parts at your local Builders Warehouse.... Its happening with some companies Im sure but will become a way of life as soon as the House of CAA gets rid of the "actings"
Comments??

Balloothebear
16th Jan 2004, 13:37
I deal with the boys and girls at SACAA every day,the old guard is slowly being removed,all the vacant posts that were there a few months ago have all been filled with candidates who have questionable and limited experience in Aviation(read the new appointments on the noticeboard down at Aircraft registry,distributed oct 2003)
All I can say chaps is "welcome to Africa":ugh:

Jangys
16th Jan 2004, 14:17
The excuse of :yuk: WELCOME TO AFRICA:yuk: is no longer a excuse.

Each time something go wrong we say those famous words. 10 years of democracy in this ****ree should have given them enough time to sort things out.

I do not any longer accept their pityfull excuses of:

I do not know......
I will call you back......
Hold on.........
eish, I actually have a problem.......

I demand, as they often do, service. Making a big scene sometimes help.

:{

Cardinal Puff
16th Jan 2004, 16:39
You're wasting your time, mate. The current incumbents seem to regard their duties as occupying space and taking home a fat paycheck at the end of each month. The receptionist you see when walking in is making more than most small contract captains and doesn't get shot at for the dubious priviledge of working to help her fellow man. Speaking of work, I'm still wondering what most of them do at CAA as they see no need to assist and develop aviation which, we are told, is their prime function.

One gets the idea they are mortally offended each time a ZS reg aircraft leaves the ground.:yuk:

Longeron
17th Jan 2004, 02:41
quote>
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One gets the idea they are mortally offended each time a ZS reg aircraft leaves the ground.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps they should re-name "DEPARTMENT for CESSATION of AVIATION"

:confused: