PDA

View Full Version : selection test AAE Lissabon

jim02
15th Jan 2004, 17:04
Hello all,

I'll introduce myself first, I'm Jim, 29 years old and looking around what possibilities there are to do a pilot training in Europe. I'm interested in the training AAE in Portugal/Evora, they're a subholding of CAE and work together with the dutch pilot training the NLS. The school is brand new and they do not have a yet well established name in the field, knowing there are so many schools in Europe around. They're fully JAR FCL approved, all that for a nice competive price comparing with the schools in north Europe.
They do not have much experience with foreign students so that's why I ask here if someone is familiar with the school AAE and their selection fase I have to do next monday.
The selection will take place in Lissabon at;

LABORATÓRIO
Av. 5 de Outubro, 70 - 3º
1050 - 059 LISBOA 9 (Infoteste-Centro de Estudos e Diagnóstico Psicológico Computorizado)

I know my age could be a problem, at least even more risky knowing the current market and 'speculations' of the near future. That's why I'd like to limit the costs, certainly if schools offers the same for a much lower price. Less financial pressure/obligations is without doubt much better besides all other strains/worries for a upcoming pilots..

If someone knows anything about the psycho-motor tests in Lissabon or has any recommendations on this school/organisation, I would be grateful to hear it from you. Anything is welcome!
Sincerely,
jim

ABO944
15th Jan 2004, 18:04
Hi Jim

I went to AAE ... for 3 days!

Did the brain tests and class 1 medical, and started the theory training, but after 3 days found out that I would only be getting a Portuguese ATPL licence issued by the Portuguese CAA (INAC)! No good to me, as I would have had to take the JAA ATPL exams when back in the UK and another Class 1 medical!

Another thing, they prefer to talk Portuguese!

The school is top dollar though! 18 new aircraft, new school building! Its all great! just a shame that they told a few lies about what licence I would get at the end of it!

Weather is great most of the year!

The psychometric tests arent too tough, takes about 5 hours though!!

Good luck!