PDA

View Full Version : Middle East Cabin Crew Debate

A300Man
15th Jan 2004, 08:22
Noted on a recent flight in SE Asia on a SE Asian carrier (who shall remain nameless for the purpose of this discussion) that our favourite local carriers in the Middle East had gained the following reputations amongst SE Asian cabin crew who were considering moves to work in the Middle East for more money.

When I asked where the crew had gotten this information from, they said that it was common discussion in crew lounges and "from the internet" and amongst friends:

Gulf Air - "glossy on the outside but falling to pieces on the inside. Dirty shoes and torn jackets......" (I can personally verify that this is accurate actually)

Emirates - "these are the kings and queens with good salaries, good apartments and the newest aeroplanes in the world. We` all want to be there like them."

Qatar Airways - "the hardest working most respected crew, but treated like infants in a kids school and ruled by a grumpy headmaster" (or words to that effect)

I found the above very entertaining and quite close to the truth, if what's written on pprune is anything to go by.

Thanks to Jake and Ole for your candid chat at 35,000ft over CMB!! I told you that I would put your names on!

What do you think, Gulf-Crew? Is he really like a terrible headmaster? (or more like Adolf......)

Bang
16th Jan 2004, 19:21
QR crew are the most hard working and well groomed.but never respected.

GF crew must be looking good too.there cannot be torn jackets.because,new uniforms were issued recently?

EK crew-arent they all a lucky bunch.all what A 300 man said and the respect they recive from the company.EK knows CC are the front line staff and ambasidors of the air line of DXB.and they are well lookedafter.