PDA

View Full Version : Jetmagic

FlyHigher
14th Jan 2004, 06:09
Hello guys and gals

Yesterday I read an article about Jetmagic in a magazine, I think it was Airways but I'm not sure.
It seems to be a very nice and friendly airline.
So, any of you have informations about the service and the environment of the airline?

Thanks to all of you.
Cheers

Tom the Tenor
14th Jan 2004, 07:35
Jetmagic are based out of Cork on the south coast of Ireland and began flying operations from there around the end of April last year. They have currently a fleet of two Embraer ERJ 145s and one ERJ 135.

Jetmagic fly from Cork to London City with the ERJ 135 about three times daily and the other destinations served with a mixture of both aircraft types from Cork at the moment are Belfast, Edinburgh, Liverpool and in France to Nantes, Paris CDG and Nice, in Spain to Barcelona and Alicante and in Italy to Milan MXP and Rome CIA.

It is my understanding that Milan and Rome are no longer bookable after the end of the winter schedule at the end of March. In particular if Rome is dropped it will be a great shame as the destination was well supported during the summer months of last year with strong loads. A great pity if Rome goes and as for Milan the situation is a little more understandable as EI are due to begin a twice weekly service on the route for the summer.

No doubt some new destinations may be tried in place of Milan and Rome so we will have to wait and see what happens next!

Check out their website at www.jetmagic.com for more information. :)

Avman
14th Jan 2004, 17:47
If they keep chopping and changing their route structure every five minutes, which is what they have been doing, they are going to lose the confidence of their business clients. They abandoned Brussels far too quickly. The real problem was that they introduced that route at the wrong time of the year and with unrealistic timings. To succeed and gain business client loyalty you need to provide a commited and secure route structure. On the other hand, if they are just aiming at the leisure market, I guess that providing different destinations every season will have some appeal !! Just my opinion Jock ;) .

lowfaresbuster
14th Jan 2004, 19:04
All the directors/initial investors had to put their hands in their pockets again:

http://archives.tcm.ie/businesspost/2003/12/28/story409009435.asp

28th december (SBP)

Cork airline raises €740k in backing

By Gavin Daly

Cork airline Jetmagic raised €740,000 in backing in recent weeks from existing investors including former Aer Lingus boss Michael Foley.

More than €354,000 of the investment came from Foco Developments, a Cork property firm controlled by Brendan and Deborah Delaney.

Alex McCarthy, the Limerick businessman with radio interests, put up more than €140,000. Remedios, a company controlled by IAWS executives Philip Lynch, James Moloney and David Martin invested almost €80,000 in the airline.

Other investors included Jetmagic directors Gary Duffy and Ciaran Desmond, Cork builder Templeford and the Punch family in Cork. Filings at the Companies Registration Office in Dublin show the €740,000 was invested late last month.

The airline, launched in February with €5 million in backing,was recently reported to have secured a further €4 million.

A spokeswoman would confirm only that an investment had been made and said the funds were used to expand Jetmagic's fleet.

The airline flies to 11 destinations in the North, Britain and Europe but has faced increased competition from Aer Lingus and recently scrapped its Cork to Brussels route.

Patrick Raftery, its chief executive and major shareholder, recently quit the airline and was replaced by Barry Perrot.

Perrot was previously chief executive of regional carrier British European, now Flybe.

Jetmagic plans to create 145 jobs in Cork.Terry Liddiard, a director of Jetmagic, was a founder of Manx Airlines and British Regional.

Also they are far too overstaffed & may have done a deal with TCH (who own the examiner newspeper in Cork) on a advertising for equity basis. They [TCH] have done this with a number of fledgling Cork companies in the past- JetMagics current advertising presence on the examiner & sunday business post websites is proving same (to me anyway).

FlyHigher
14th Jan 2004, 22:55
Thanks very much for your replies

It is my understanding that Jetmagic could be a very nice and profitable airline in a near future.

Cheers