PDA

View Full Version : easyJet. No crew to fly new planes? Base to close?

Buster the Bear
14th Jan 2004, 03:46
An unsubstantiated, but persistent rumour doing the rounds is that easyJet are looking to park up some of their, yet to be delivered new aircraft, due to a lack of souls to fly and cabin crew them?

EGMC & EGMH amongst others, have been approached to find a cheap parking solution according to the rumour mill?

Yet another rumour doing the rounds, is that a UK base could soon be closed.

Anyway, this is a rumour network, so discuss?

In trim
14th Jan 2004, 04:14
I doubt it....they've just pulled forward delivery of the first UK-registered A319 (which is partly to cover base training) but can't see them bringing delivery dates forward and then paying to park aircraft up!

almost professional
14th Jan 2004, 05:15
The A319 is booked to spend 10 hours a day in the circuit at EMA for most of Feb-should have a few new crew converted after that!

Buster the Bear
14th Jan 2004, 06:07
I am not talking about converting from one type to another, easy do not have enough crew for their expansion, or so the rumour says.

Gatwick will become an A319 base so asking for the plane early to re-train makes sense.

Read my post carefully. They are due more A319's and B737-700's from a previous order. Their latest 700 was delivered rather recently.

An unofficial source suggested that the anticipated demise of a large UK Airbus airline was due to provide the capacity crew wise to grow the orangeJet. Their Berlin base has made use of a recent German airline failure to help 'crew up'!

Scottie
14th Jan 2004, 16:31
Buster, rumour has it that the 50 Berlin boys didn't return their contracts as Niki Lauder has bought their company over (Aerolloyd www.aerolloyd.de) and the future looks brighter with Niki.

That was meant to kick start the Berlin base.

egnxema
14th Jan 2004, 17:03
Is EMA really performing badly? Could they drop it as a base?

I'd reckon it is because of the crazy idea that easy and baby basically mirror each others schedules. They have flights literally following each other all over the place!

Where else do easy have this kind of challenge, certainly neither NCL or BRS.

I think Venice is the only EMA route that isn't also flown by baby.

Seems an absolutely stupid idea to me - one of the airlines needs to rethink and fly their own times/routes etc.