PDA

View Full Version : ATA Coventry

Aerofoil
14th Jan 2004, 02:54
Hi all

Im just trying to get other peoples views on my situation at the moment...
Im looking at schools at which to sit my ATPL ground exams. I am wanting to do a residential full time course. Now ATA at Coventry have been recommended to me by 3 seperate people as the best and a reasonable price.

I was wondering if anyone who has been to or is at ATA could give me more of an insight into...
1) Overall opinion of the place
2) How good are the instructors?
3) What is the BnB accomodation like?
4) Is there anything which springs to mind that i should ask when i go down for a visit?

Thanks for your time

Dave
:ok:

Flypuppy
14th Jan 2004, 03:42
1) Small friendly and professional outfit. The school is on the airfield which allows views of aeroplanes which can keep your spirits up.

2)The instructors are as good as anywhere. Pete Lines, Pete Quinlan, Lucy Pesaro and Mike Burton are very very experienced instructors. They will take the time to explain the things you dont understand, and keep you interested with the odd war story...

3)B&B accom: there are some families and older couples who rent rooms out in Finham and Bagington. You can expect to pay about 10-15 quid per night. Coventry is a good place to study as the night life is pretty dire.

no sponsor
14th Jan 2004, 05:18
Unfortunately, Bristol GS is only for distance learning.

Aerofoil
14th Jan 2004, 15:24
Thanks for the replies.

I was just wondering, do Coventry give you a uniform to wear at the ground school like oxford do or do you wear your own clothes?
If you wear your own clothes then what is the requirement? Smart casual? Suit?

Thanks again

Dave

Flypuppy
14th Jan 2004, 17:43
Aerofoil,

There is no dress code at ATA, and certainly no uniform!

Wear whatever you feel comfortable in.

Junior Flash-Up
15th Jan 2004, 03:18
I went to ATA in late '99 when they never used to advertise 'cos all their business was through word of mouth. They were so bloody good they even let us bring a stripper in at the end of our course...;)

Aerofoil
15th Jan 2004, 04:42
Thanks all

Im really pleased with the responses i have been getting. It seems no one has a bad word to say about ATA!
When i finish off my PPL il be arranging to go down for a visit (hopefully end of Feb)

Thanks again for all of your help

Dave